Should I have bought it?

This is a discussion on Should I have bought it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys I was out with my family a couple days ago and on the way to the restaurant our 21 month old daughter fell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should I have bought it?

Should I have bought it?

Hey guys

I was out with my family a couple days ago and on the way to the restaurant our 21 month old daughter fell asleep, so I stopped in the toy store to look around while my wife hung out in the car with our daughter. Main intention was to handle a Springfield EMP 9mm as I've had my eye on one for a while (great looking gun btw! ... And I want one bad lol).

Anyways as I was checking out the used section a Ruger sp101 3" .357 caught my eye, mint condition, original box, shot very little for $395. I've always wanted an sp101 just never got around to buying one. My dad owns a gp100 that we both love.

I almost bought it but held off ....

Just wondering how good of a price that is?

My current carry guns are Springfield XD .40, Ruger LCP, Ruger LCR .38+p, and Sig P238

Thanks!
    Michael

2. Remove Ads

You should have. If it was in good condition.
    gasmitty likes this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

VIP Member
    Around here new SP101s go for $435-$450 and you never see a used one for sale, that being said I would say that is a good price and you should have pounced on it like a cat on a mouse.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Go back and buy it

I'm not one much for watching the price of revolvers, but I do know a bit. The Ruger SP101 will likely go the same way the venerable Colts did. Not many around any more. Not many believe. I would actually consider it a classic and likely deserving of the price listed. If I were in the market for one and wanted it, price would play a small role in my decision. One thing about firearms........never regret passing one up. If you pass one up, it won't be there tomorrow anyway. If you want it, buy it now. Every once in a while you'll have dreams that haunt you in your sleep. Some days are better than others, and some days we do everything right. No matter, all happens in good time.

Go back and buy it is right. You should have bought it. I hope you get back there and get it before someone else gets that great deal. I would have pounced on that one!!!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

what gun shop was that in PA?
    JerryMac likes this.

I'll be buying one in the near future, providing I can find a decent LH OWB leather holster for it. It seems holsters for the SP101 are not that common to find, much less left handed. Unless you're willing to wait months for a custom make holster. I myself, and it's just me, would rather spend an additional 50 bucks to get a brand new one. I don't like to purchase a used anything. To many bad experiences.

I paid $530 for mine. Yea thats to much, but like Ram Rod said... I wanted it so I bought it. Ive never regreted it.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Welcome to the forum. Now go get it.

I already own a 2" SP101... and I would have bought it at that price.

Go back and buy it if you can! That's a great price
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macdsc View Post
    Anyways as I was checking out the used section a Ruger sp101 3" .357 caught my eye, mint condition, original box, shot very little for $395. I've always wanted an sp101 just never got around to buying one. My dad owns a gp100 that we both love.
    Michael
    What a coincidence! I just stopped by a local range/store on my way home from work, and there it was... a SP101, used, with a bobbed hammer for $395. They have the dealer case, and everything that came in it. I've been wanting one for a while also. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    What a coincidence! I just stopped by a local range/store on my way home from work, and there it was... a SP101, used, with a bobbed hammer for $395. They have the dealer case, and everything that came in it. I've been wanting one for a while also. That's funny.
    LOL ... Did you buy it?? ... Maybe I'll try to go back at the end of the week and snag it if it's still there!

Don't worry about it, it will be gone before you can get back!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links