Defensive Carry banner

Glock 19......Again!

13K views 55 replies 40 participants last post by  MrBuckwheat 
#1 ·
I just don't get it. Almost all the professionals suggest and carry the Glock 19. They obviously know much more than I, as do most of the members on this forum! Everyone here always speaks of the snappy recoil of other calibers, especially the .40, but to me the recoil with a Glock 19 is very comparable to a .40 and when you load it hot it is really pretty snappy.

Trigger is....ok
Ergonomics......ok
9mm......ok
looks....not so much IMO
Can't argue the reliability.

No disrespect to any Glock 19 owners....posted this mostly in fun.....but I just don't get it. The passion so many of you folks have for them is astounding.

#32 ·
I didn't really understand either until I brought my Glock 19 this is coming from a guy that loves .40 cal. I totally get why people love Glocks this is my favorite gun, everything about this gun is great, concealed carry is great, trigger pull is great imo, magazine capacity options are great, and the look of the gun is great not to flashy but has that signature look that says hey world this is me and no other brand looks like me, the reliability isn't even a topic to get on because even if some people don't like Glocks they can't deny the reliable reputation these guns hold.

#33 ·
Can't argue with success

So much going for it: OUT of the box reliabilty
Capacity
weight
finish(almost impossible to destroy)
price
It is "Good to Go" all around. Ounce for ounce the best 9mm in the world IMHO. I believe if one had to pick TWO autos that
changed the game in the 20th century it would be the Colt 1911 and the Glock 9mm.:smile:

Reactions: joker1
#35 · (Edited)
Reactions: AZ Hawk
#42 ·
Sorry but most Law enforcement carry what they are told to by the bean counters and Officials there are some that buy their own but the percentage is low.
Army nor Marine corp carry glocks they would not hold up . The first ones were good for their time and not bad even today the newer one trade on a name. and a history.

#46 ·
The reason the Army doesn't carry Glock is not even close to what you think it is.

Glock was still in the very early stages when the U.S. Army ran their handgun evaluations in the mid 80's, and Gaston didn't have the ability to provide the hundreds of test pistols the Army wanted. Glock bested Beretta in every country where they pitted against each other, and the Glock prototype only suffered four malfunctions in 10,000 rounds.

P.S. I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to be.

Reactions: JD
#43 ·
I bought my first Glock 17 back in the mid 80's when they first came out. (wish I had kept that one) Never had a moments trouble with it and I fired thousands of rounds through it. I then bought a Gen 2 G19 about 1990 (still have it) and it too has never failed to go bang. You just can't get more reliable than that.

That's why I like the GLOCK pistol.

#44 ·
A Glock 19 is my Spring and Summer gun. I carry it in either a Kydex IWB holster or in a Galco Balistic Nylon Butt Pac. My summer attire is shorts, T-Shirt, tennis shoes and a ball cap.

We had three inches of snow on the ground yesterday and I have a 1911 Commander on. Easier to conceal for me.

I've been carrying guns on my person for the last 45 years or so. I know what works for me and what will save my bacon.

To each his own.

Jungle Work

#45 ·
Not a G-19 but a Glock 36 done up with EXO finish on slide and barrel.

Not needed but wanted just to add a little "bling". :yup:

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

click image to enlarge....

The rest of the family remains tenefer black.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

click image to enlarge....

Regards,

OS

#49 ·
Nothing wrong with the Glock! Difference between a military "side arm" and civilian conceal gun. In my opinion the glock is a great carry gun. I would select something else for a "side arm" if I was in the military.

#50 ·
Based on what?

Glock pistols were designed specifically for the Austrian military, not law enforcement or civilian carry.

#51 ·
About three years ago, I became a Glock fan. The design is so simple. Mine have been very reliable. Except for the 380 ACP version, they are all fine. Just go with what you like.

As to military use, handguns just are not significant. Still, the fact that Glock parts need no fitting or extra finishing makes them great for arms rooms.

#52 ·
As to military use, handguns just are not significant.
Until they are significant!

Ex: Rifle malfunctions in CQ, rifle out of ammo in CQ, clearing a structure with tight hallways/corridors, suppressed shooting in CQ, etc.

#54 ·
I couldn't agree more with you. I compare the 9 and 40 to be pretty close in perceived recoil. But let's face it it is trendy to make a statement that the 40 is a" snappy round" . I have a 19 and a 23 I can't tell the difference between the 9 in the 40 especially if the 9 is a plus p. I also agree with your assessment on the glock 19 it's a great piece but there are better I would rather carry my p 30 any day .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.