Glock 19......Again!

This is a discussion on Glock 19......Again! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Sorry but most Law enforcement carry what they are told to by the bean counters and Officials there are some that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Glock 19......Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Sorry but most Law enforcement carry what they are told to by the bean counters and Officials there are some that buy their own but the percentage is low.
    Army nor Marine corp carry glocks they would not hold up . The first ones were good for their time and not bad even today the newer one trade on a name. and a history.
    The reason the Army doesn't carry Glock is not even close to what you think it is.

Glock was still in the very early stages when the U.S. Army ran their handgun evaluations in the mid 80's, and Gaston didn't have the ability to provide the hundreds of test pistols the Army wanted. Glock bested Beretta in every country where they pitted against each other, and the Glock prototype only suffered four malfunctions in 10,000 rounds.

P.S. I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to be.
    JD likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Sorry but most Law enforcement carry what they are told to by the bean counters and Officials there are some that buy their own but the percentage is low.
    Army nor Marine corp carry glocks they would not hold up . The first ones were good for their time and not bad even today the newer one trade on a name. and a history.
    I have got to pretend that you are joking, cause that's one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. It doesn't even deserve elaboration.
    C hawk Glock and JD like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    It was a joke, note the "YMMV!"
    I was honestly just kidding, I have had my bitches and complaints about my last Gen 4 go around, but I never took issue with the looks of a Glock. They are the definition of form meets function.

Smitty901,

Honestly, there is no beating a polymer gun in battle and Glocks wrote the book on being reliable. They had a recent bobble, but there is no denying the fact that even a half assed train monkey could take one apart, and change out every single part in about 5 mins if they ever did break. They are truly a modular design. I would take one over a Beretta M9 all day long!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Nothing wrong with the Glock! Difference between a military "side arm" and civilian conceal gun. In my opinion the glock is a great carry gun. I would select something else for a "side arm" if I was in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Glock! Difference between a military "side arm" and civilian conceal gun. In my opinion the glock is a great carry gun. I would select something else for a "side arm" if I was in the military.
    Based on what?

Glock pistols were designed specifically for the Austrian military, not law enforcement or civilian carry.

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

About three years ago, I became a Glock fan. The design is so simple. Mine have been very reliable. Except for the 380 ACP version, they are all fine. Just go with what you like.

As to military use, handguns just are not significant. Still, the fact that Glock parts need no fitting or extra finishing makes them great for arms rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
    As to military use, handguns just are not significant.
    Until they are significant!

Ex: Rifle malfunctions in CQ, rifle out of ammo in CQ, clearing a structure with tight hallways/corridors, suppressed shooting in CQ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    I really tried to like the G19 but the finger grooves just didn't seem to fit my hand, leaving it feeling cramped after shooting 100 rounds or so. Bought a G17 instead and took care of that problem.
    Wife picked out a Glock 19 G4 yesterday for Valentine's Day. She liked how it felt at the shop, then also at the range last night. After she put a couple of magazines through my 17 G4, she was even happier with how the 19 felt in her hands.

On the other hand, I wasn't quite as crazy about her 19, but as someone mentioned, I'm probably not holding it correctly because the 1/2" difference in the grip length felt "odd" and the magazine bit me when I put it in.

I couldn't agree more with you. I compare the 9 and 40 to be pretty close in perceived recoil. But let's face it it is trendy to make a statement that the 40 is a" snappy round" . I have a 19 and a 23 I can't tell the difference between the 9 in the 40 especially if the 9 is a plus p. I also agree with your assessment on the glock 19 it's a great piece but there are better I would rather carry my p 30 any day .

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Professionals are professionals for a reason.They choose the Glock in large numbers for a reason amateurs may never understand.

Except for the other pros that choose the M&P....

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Based on what?

Glock pistols were designed specifically for the Austrian military, not law enforcement or civilian carry.
    Based on my opinion. I love my glock for a carry gun. If i was deployed I would have "side arm". I don't know which one yet as it depends on the circumstance. Would probably be H&K USP .45acp or even a 1911 style .45. could be FNP 45 or FN fiveseveN. Heck if I was deployed in some wilderness I would want a 460 or 500 S&W to kill off the bears. I believe the G-19 is concealable and easy to shoot and accurate. A "side arm" is more of an open carry gun with large caliber large capacity, I would supose if could be a G-21. It also would depend on what my main rifle is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links