New Smith & Wesson quality

This is a discussion on New Smith & Wesson quality within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; its my CCW of choice as well,great minds think alike...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Smith & Wesson quality

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    its my CCW of choice as well,great minds think alike

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations. I love S&W pistols and revolvers. I own several
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The J frames are the "Gold Standard" for small CCW revolvers.......you made the right choice!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I roll with a 442, too

I bought mine used, but in very good shape.

Fill that little guy with some 158 swc and carry on!

Be careful in NY. It seems like it's real easy to get in trouble there with their obnoxious gun laws.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 303british View Post
    I looked into the laws when I set up the trip, I am actually flying into Connecticut and driving over the border to Massachusetts to pick up the truck. I can legally fly with the gun (I am taking a large rolling Pelican case for luggage) but it will have to be locked in the case until Im out of CT, MA, NJ, and NY. I can legally carry in PA, IN, MO, and KS that is the majority of my trip.

Federal law allows for the transportation of guns, even across states that you cannot carry in. There is always a chance I may have some issues, but I refuse to drive that far unarmed.

From what I have found, it is not that hard to fly with firearms if you follow the law. Your baggage is actually more secure, once TSA checks it, it stays locked with your locks for the entire trip and cannot be opened until your destination. That is why I am using the large hard case as my luggage instead of a small locked case in my bag.
    Good luck. Have a safe trip.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by 303british View Post
    Yesterday I used my bonus from work to get a new snub nose 38 to replace the Charter Arms I gave to my mother.
    I picked out a Smith & Wesson 442. I had been debating between the Smith 442/642’s and a Ruger LCR.
    After looking at several side by side and dry-firing them, I picked the 442. I had read that a lot of people like the trigger on the LCR better, but the Smith I bought is just as smooth as the three different Rugers I tried. It is a little heavier, but not a lot on mine.
    I am very impressed with the fit and finish on it. Night and day difference from the Charter or my Taurus revolver. Both of the others work just fine, but they are not even close to the S&W in quality. I bought it for pocket carry and it seemed so much nicer in the pocket and hand than the Ruger.
    It does have the internal lock, but that does not bother me at all, I could not find a no lock model locally and needed to get it soon enough to test before a long cross country drive (2000 miles from Massachusetts to Colorado).

I could not be happier with the fit and function on this gun, right out of the box the trigger is butter smooth and after cleaning and oiling it, it runs (at least with snap caps) like a Swiss watch.
    They seem to be making them right, MIM parts, locks and all.

+1 agreed... Nice looking 442 ya got there. I just picked up the .38 bodyguard revolver yesterday myself. I'm going to the range today and ring it out and test the laser. I really like what S&W has been doing and am becoming a big S&W fan myself.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Good job on the purchase! I have a air weight 38 in stainless and they are great guns. And also great job on knowing the law man. I commend you on this as most people just go blind or leave it at home and are unprotected.

Be very careful in Mass. they have a 1 year jail term for carrying a weapon not permited check the laws carefully. They delight in this enforcment. POLICE STATE!!!

Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links