Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP - Page 6

Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP

This is a discussion on Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I figured since this thread is still current I would go ahead and post this information here. I called Glock CS today and told them ...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I figured since this thread is still current I would go ahead and post this information here. I called Glock CS today and told them about my new production G19 Gen 3, and it's erratic ejection issues, and the tech immediately told me that either they could send a new ejector to a Glock Armorer, or I could send the gun in at no charge. I asked why he immediately said ejector, and he asked when the test fire date was, I told him September 2011, and he confirmed again that yes my gen 3 G19 needed the new 30274 ejector that the Gen 4's are now getting. I'm sure a new extractor that isn't MIM would help too.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

OK...so do these issues only seen to impact the 9mm late production Gen 3s and 4s?

I ask because I am >this< close to buying a G30 (which I think is still only available in Gen 3). Got a good deal on a NIB blue label LE gun, might just have to snatch it up and see what all the .45 fuss is about.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

M&p baby! Sweeping the map! Lol
    C hawk Glock likes this.

Sooooo, it sounds to me like Glock has continued to supply quality machined extractors to their Austrian customers and a cheaper, less reliable part for the American customers who made them what they are today (If I am understanding Bark'Ns post correctly) ???? Okey-Dokey, if that is the way Mr. Glock feels about his loyal customers and fan base, I will certainly take my bidness elsewhere..... As I am sure many other fellow Americans will do as well..... After all, Ruger makes some pretty tough guns, too.....And they make them right here in the USA...
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    My Gen 4 Glock 19 has been flawless. Glock quickly took care of the spring issue before I got it. In fact all Glocks I own have had perfect performance.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    My Gen 4 Glock 19 has been flawless. Glock quickly took care of the spring issue before I got it. In fact all Glocks I own have had perfect performance.
    And there are many like you Tony. The problem is what gets posted is the problems and it gives the false impression that all Glocks are problematic. That just isn't true.

There are many like yourself that have had 'perfect' performance from their Glocks. And more and more will as Glock sorts through the remaining issues.
    genauwiedu likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OK...so do these issues only seen to impact the 9mm late production Gen 3s and 4s?

I ask because I am >this< close to buying a G30 (which I think is still only available in Gen 3). Got a good deal on a NIB blue label LE gun, might just have to snatch it up and see what all the .45 fuss is about.
    10th, this seems pertinent, although I think the 'fix' may be the exception, it speaks volumes for Glock CS!!!!

From another site:
    Gen3 G30SF and I had the day off so I thought I'd drive to Smyrna and let them check my gun to see if they could stop it from ejecting brass into my face. Not a long trip for me, about an hour. Drop the gun off with the tech and he said wait or come back in an hour. I got back in 2 hours after finding Outdoor Adventures new location and walking around in there for an hour. So I get back to Glock Inc. and the tech that had been working on my gun had left for the day. Another tech met me in the lobby and told me thet were going to give me a new gun!!!!!! He said it would ship to my address in 1 week. I wonder what they found. Thats great customer service right there. Plus got a few goodies for my troubles. Hat, annnual, patch, pens, decal, and a coffee cup. We'll see what I get in a week. It will be a cool Birthday next Saturday, I already know I'm getting a new gun!

Well it was delivered to my doorstep today! A brand spanking new 3Gen G30sf, blue label no less and they even added night sights. I immeadiately took it to my local range and ran 100 rounds through it. All brass ejected to 4~5 oclock consistantly. Not one piece to my face. Needless to say I'm a happy camper and Glock has redeemed itself in my book. One odd thing though, the serial number on the new gun starts with RPL. I wonder if that means replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    i guest we the only ones , I got a glock23 gen4 and g19 gen4 ,they're been flawless . just to add some extra info I had g19c, g27, g26,g32,g22 and never had any issues with them .I guess I just lucky, I gonna play the lotto today

Just like all new models, the Gen 4's are having some issues. II am quite confident that Glock will learn from the process and correct the problems and all will be well again.

Senior Moderator
    I think Glock has gotten a handle on the problems, for the most part.

My late 3rd Gen G19 has been flawless over ~2000 rounds. It's never acted up even once. It's my primary carry gun, and I have confidence in it.

My buddy just bought a Gen 4 17, and it's been running well right out of the box. He hasn't had it long enough to make any serious claims about it, but compared to the Pistol-Training.com test G17 (that had a stoppage in it's first 100 rounds and multiples in it's first 500), his is a gem.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I called Glock today, and spoke to a tech. FWIW, he said the "brass in the face" ejection issues do not apply to G30s.

Tangle - Your example was a G30SF. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was thinking about the SF, but Crimson Trace does not make a laser for that model, so...the regular G30 it is for me.

In any case, I'm going to go ahead and order up the G30, and see what happens. With any luck, it'll be as reliable as my other Glocks. Sure hope so...
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    ...Tangle - Your example was a G30SF. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was thinking about the SF, but Crimson Trace does not make a laser for that model, so...the regular G30 it is for me.
    True, but my point was about Glock's CS

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    The 30 is good to go, it is the SF model that is having problems. The SF model has the different trigger housing in it, which changes the geometry a little and was causing lots of problems. Now the Gen421 is out and I have only heard good things about it so hopefully Glock has gotten the bugs worked out since the Gen421 and SF models should have the same trigger housing.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to get a Glock 30.

I called Glock today, and spoke to a tech. FWIW, he said the "brass in the face" ejection issues do not apply to G30s.

Tangle - Your example was a G30SF. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was thinking about the SF, but Crimson Trace does not make a laser for that model, so...the regular G30 it is for me.

In any case, I'm going to go ahead and order up the G30, and see what happens. With any luck, it'll be as reliable as my other Glocks. Sure hope so...

Tangle - Understood. My personal experience with Glock's CS has also been very good.

High Altitude - Thanks for the info!
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Sooooo, it sounds to me like Glock has continued to supply quality machined extractors to their Austrian customers and a cheaper, less reliable part for the American customers who made them what they are today (If I am understanding Bark'Ns post correctly) ???? Okey-Dokey, if that is the way Mr. Glock feels about his loyal customers and fan base, I will certainly take my bidness elsewhere..... As I am sure many other fellow Americans will do as well..... After all, Ruger makes some pretty tough guns, too.....And they make them right here in the USA...
    I agree with you.. I am considering once I get this G26 fixed I might sell it and get a M&P 9C

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links