Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP

This is a discussion on Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by farronwolf Tangle, I think you were hitting the mark when you mentioned this. I have said the same thing before as well. ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Glock once stood for uber eliability; I don't think it does presently - UPDATE in OP

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Tangle,

I think you were hitting the mark when you mentioned this.

I have said the same thing before as well. For decades Glock basically left their design alone. They had something that worked and they stuck with it. (Chevy should had kept their 350 and Ford should have kept their 300 straight 6) However with the gun market the way it is, Glock stepped off into the design change/upgrade that most all other manufacturers have gotten into. .
    Oh how true. The first Gen G17 I puchased in 1987 is still running strong without any problems. I would hate to guess how many rounds have been fired through it. Jeep did the same thing. Their older 4.0L (6 cylinder) normally runs for over 200,000 miles, but to keep up with ????? they install a weak V6 in 2007 and upgraded it for 2013.

2. Remove Ads

I just checked the test fire dates on our Glock 9mm's.

All of them are Gen 3
    G19 Standard Black Gun - 9/7/10
    G19 EXO coated - 3/14/11
    G26 Standard Black 10/15/10

I'm going to be calling Glock Monday and see what they say.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Called Glock customer service today to speak to them about my G26 ejection problem. He asked the serial number of my gun and told me I had to choices send it in or have an armorer call them to order the parts. I asked what was wrong and he said it was the ejector and that Gen 3 26 didn't have an extractor problem.

I dont know nothing about the Glock problems. I just keep shootin my Gen 4 and it just keeps going bang.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I dont know nothing about the Glock problems. I just keep shootin my Gen 4 and it just keeps going bang.
    You may be singing a different tune if your Gen 4's were 9mm. "Stranglehold" comes to mind when I think about the one I had....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Thankfully, I've already got all the Glocks I ever intend to own. Early bird......
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You may be singing a different tune if your Gen 4's were 9mm. "Stranglehold" comes to mind when I think about the one I had....
    no issues with either of my gen4 9's

Senior Moderator
    It appears that Glock has the corrections for the gen 4s in place. I keep hearing/reading positive reports now. However, it may take up to 2000 - 3000 rounds for a problem to show up. And those positive reports may be coming prior to that many rounds.

I updated my G17 gen 3 to a gen 4 and it is one sweet shooting gun! Had no issues whatsoever; the trigger felt better than I expected; didn't have a single ejection problem or any other kind of problem. BUT, and this gets back to what I said earlier, I've only shot 100 rounds through it. I may be singing a different tune when I get a couple of thousand rounds through it.

We'll just have to wait and see. But if it remains what I've seen so far, for me, gen 4 is it with no regrets and no going back. We'll just have to see.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Hey, I just like my 228. But anyway the thread is on reliability of Glocks, not how you guys are brainwashed on thinking it is the best
    I own a P228 and a Glock 23. The 23 is an early 3rd gen (2000), and the 228 is a well made German gun. I love both for very different reasons.

There are things that my Glock does way better than my Sig, as there are things that my Sig does better than my Glock. Those who are brainwashed in to thinking one is supremely better than the other are lying to themselves.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    glocks a reputable company that is taking care of all the problems in there 9mm guns. everyone has preference's in what they like and dislike, noone has just one pair of shoes, I have a 4th Gen 23 without any problems, really surprised at how people want to dish other's guns...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I just got off the phone with Glock CS. Told him I have 3 Glocks, two 19's, one of them an EXO, and a 26, and they are throwing casings erratically, back into my wife's face and one down her shirt. I heard there was a problem with some of the later Gen 3's so I checked the test fire dates on them and they were Sep 10, Oct 10, and Mar 11.

The response I got was, that it could be any number of things. Maybe her grip. He admitted to nothing about any problems with Gen 3's. He asked I could send one of them in so they can check it out.

I told him that I would have to take them out shooting and see which one is the worst and then I would call them back.

So far CS with Glock on this issue is no joy. When we get a chance to take them out shooting again, we'll see which is worst and I'll call them back. Depending on whether or not they offer to send a shipping label, if they fix the problem, Glock may lose a customer. The M&P's are looking pretty good now.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I just got off the phone with Glock CS. they are throwing casings erratically, back into my wife's face and one down her shirt. .
    OUCH!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I just got off the phone with Glock CS. Told him I have 3 Glocks, two 19's, one of them an EXO, and a 26, and they are throwing casings erratically, back into my wife's face and one down her shirt. I heard there was a problem with some of the later Gen 3's so I checked the test fire dates on them and they were Sep 10, Oct 10, and Mar 11.

The response I got was, that it could be any number of things. Maybe her grip. He admitted to nothing about any problems with Gen 3's. He asked I could send one of them in so they can check it out.

I told him that I would have to take them out shooting and see which one is the worst and then I would call them back.

So far CS with Glock on this issue is no joy. When we get a chance to take them out shooting again, we'll see which is worst and I'll call them back. Depending on whether or not they offer to send a shipping label, if they fix the problem, Glock may lose a customer. The M&P's are looking pretty good now.
    Don't worry, we except all Glock fans with open arms at club M&P.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I own a P228 and a Glock 23. The 23 is an early 3rd gen (2000), and the 228 is a well made German gun. I love both for very different reasons.

There are things that my Glock does way better than my Sig, as there are things that my Sig does better than my Glock. Those who are brainwashed in to thinking one is supremely better than the other are lying to themselves.
    A sensible reply. Very well said. When Glocks and SIGs are mentioned together, objectivity is scarce.

It seems that gloick has adopted the Kimber business model.... a sad reality in the mass produced firearms world.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links