Slim 9mms

This is a discussion on Slim 9mms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im thinkin of a slim 9mm for the summer Thats easier to conceal than my xd. Cost will be a factor because im also buying ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Slim 9mms

Slim 9mms

Im thinkin of a slim 9mm for the summer Thats easier to conceal than my xd. Cost will be a factor because im also buying a xdm 3.8 to shoot at our tactical club and carry when its a little cooler weather. Im looking at the ruger lc9. taurus slim. Beretta nano. And maybe just maybe a kel tec pf9. Im waiting for springfield to bring out a single stack 9mm but that might be out of reach with me buying two guns each with a different mission in mind. Out of the ones mentioned any pros or cons. And remember cost is a factor. Thanks for the time.

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    The price has come down on the Walther PPS. I just picked one up for $480.00 with the 7 and 8 rnd magazines.

I have the Taurus 709 and the Walther PPS. The PPS is a fantastic shooter. I actually like shooting it better than my Steyr M9A1, and that Austrian pistol is a dream to shoot. The Taurus is a bit smaller(actually it's too small for me) and has a nice trigger in my opinion.

The Beretta Nano is getting mixed reviews but I'd bet it is worth looking at and the MSRP is not in the astronomical category.

I did not like the LC9 at all. The ergonomics were not there for me and the trigger had just about every down side that I could think of. I'm sure that there are those that like it and we all know what opinions are like.
    PatAz likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Walther PPS...best all around slim out there...there is no slim better! Actually it is in a class by itself!
    PatAz likes this.

A_D
    I LOVE my Nano! VERY concealable! I don't trust Taurus, and I've only heard good things about the LC9. But I can tell you personally that my Nano purchase is one of my best yet! I carry it everyday (appendix carry-...that is, when I'm NOT carrying my Springfield) in a High Noon Split Decision IWB Holser.
    phreddy likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    Walther PPS...best all around slim out there...there is no slim better! Actually it is in a class by itself!
    I agree with the PPS comments. I would also add the Kahr CM9 to your list.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

I have a PT740 Slim, which is basically the same as the 709 -9mm, bought it for summer carry, have heard of problems with the 9, but as far as I have seen, the 740, which is the 40 cal, only wants more ammo.....That is with a ball park of 400 plus rounds..... feel confident enought with it now, that it will be carried in the summer. Did not buy it as a range gun, or a plinker, bought it because of its size, price, and has proven to be a good purchase.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Another vote for the Kahr CM9. New to me about a month ago; very nice weapon, great shooter and thin. I love it so far. Steve

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I am going to jump in on the PPS wagon, I absolutely love mine! I carry it daily like a breeze. I have a relatively small frame at 5'10" and 150, and it just dissapears with the seven round mag and one in the hole.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by A_D View Post
    I LOVE my Nano! VERY concealable! I don't trust Taurus, and I've only heard good things about the LC9. But I can tell you personally that my Nano purchase is one of my best yet!....
    +1. I have one as well. Great concealable shooter and is my EDC in High Noon Bare Asset holster. I have about 1,000 rds through it...zero issues. I put a Hogue JR. Sleeve on the grip, and adds just that little extra grip for the two fingers.

I'd recommend the LC9 but go with what fits your hand best.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Palumbo3284 View Post
    +1. I have one as well. Great concealable shooter and is my EDC in High Noon Bare Asset holster. I have about 1,000 rds through it...zero issues. I put a Hogue JR. Sleeve on the grip, and adds just that little extra grip for the two fingers.
    +1 on the Nano... I have a Nano and it's a great shooter.. I have now 1,500 rounds no prob... using the Hogue Jr. Sleeve also... great little gun.
    PF9 is also a great piece.

Kahr PM9/CM9 or CW9. No contest.

Regards,
    Jim

If cost is a factor but quality is still important then I think the Kahr CM9 is just what your looking for.
    2-KACM9093 - Kahr Arms CM9 Semi Automatic Handgun 9mm 3" Barrel 6 Rounds Polymer Frame Stainless Steel Slide

Not that much more then a PF9 but I would rate the quality quite a bit above. Plus, MUCH better trigger.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

+1 CM9
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Khar CM9 all day long
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links