Lets talk pocket pistols! - Page 2

Lets talk pocket pistols!

This is a discussion on Lets talk pocket pistols! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The magazine finger extension makes the LCP much more shootable. Going up in size/weight is the Kahr CM9. The Sig P290 is similar, but heavier. ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets talk pocket pistols!

The magazine finger extension makes the LCP much more shootable.

Going up in size/weight is the Kahr CM9. The Sig P290 is similar, but heavier.

Sig's P238 is also similar in size, but is in .380 and has a SA trigger, which means a thumb safety. They are going to introduce a slightly larger version in 9mm - the P938. I don't care for a SA in a pocket - lint can get between the cocked hammer and fring pin and cause a misfire.

Still larger are the snubbies. The LCR is very nice.

I would suggest caution with the Keltec lineup. Same with Taurus (the TCP) and Diamondback. Some folks have had good luck with them, while others have not.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I seriously doubt in the event that have to use a handgun for self defense, the scenario will go down like anything short of all out chaos. Since I cannot plan on how, what, who, when or why, I choose to carry enough gun to handle anything that may come my way. My choices for pocket carry are the Keltec PF-9 9mm and the Kahr CM9 9mm. Have had nothing but flawless shooting from mine. Both will handle anything up close and personal in the event that I just can't "run to safety". In the event I have to just stand and fight (tin foil hat cocked to one side), I want something that will get me home safely. I trust that a 9mm will do that in most situations as well as anything out there given I do my part.

I apply Springfield Armory's motto to any handgun that leaves the house on my person.............
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

los
    FYI, the .22 caliber bullet has killed more people than Cecil B. DeMille.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

you will not find a better pocket pistol then the Ruger lcp...very reliable,less then 9.50ozs and only $279.00-$299.00...give it a try..

I've got a P32, a LCP, and a S&W Bodyguard 380 and my favorite by far is the LCP. Its simple, reliable, and small. The P32 was my first mousegun and ive had it for 10 years, but i really fell in love with Elsie Pea!

357 magnum, 1"7/8 bbl, five rounds. I call it a belly gun. The real get off me style. Kicks like a mule, inaccurate as hell past seven yards. Fits in front pocket just fine. Suits me just fine.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    you will not find a better pocket pistol then the Ruger lcp...very reliable,less then 9.50ozs and only $279.00-$299.00...give it a try..
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by ole slabside View Post
    J-Frames are a bit too wide for me to pocket carry.
    A huge misconseption that I once was also guilty of. I caried a Kel-Tec p32 for 2 years and never had a problem with it while plinking. However, in 2 "Pocket pistol" matches I had 4 jams using 3 different ammos. May have been the gun, may have been me, whatever it was, it wasn't going to happen when I really needed it. After a little horse trading I've ended up with a Smith 632-2 .327 w/2" barrel and night sights. In a pocket holster it looks like a wallet, even in jeans. In dress pants it disappears. It is heavier and wider than the autos but is way, way more reliable and more powerful too.

C.S.

I carry a Ruger LCP, and it has been 100% reliable.

I'm into Makarovs, and I'm kinda looking at grabbing a Polish P64 Radom pistol because it used the same 9x18 Makarov round. Those things will pocket carry, and Classic Arms has excellent examples for $189.00.

Let me add that my other pocket carry piece is a S&W 642. Awesome little revolver, and easy to carry.
    Last edited by lowercase; January 26th, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

i carry the Ruger LCR 38 almost everyday in my front pocket. i tried some of the small autos and bottom line is, I just dont trust em. i know, i only get 5 shots and it will take a bit to reload compared to droppin in a new mag, but there are pros and cons no matter what you carry

I have carried a Keltec P3AT in a modified pocket holster for years without problems. Wife now carries her own.

Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    I carry a Ruger LCP, and it has been 100% reliable.

I'm into Makarovs, and I'm kinda looking at grabbing a Polish P64 Radom pistol because it used the same 9x18 Makarov round. Those things will pocket carry, and Class Arms has excellent examples for $189.00.

Let me add that my other pocket carry piece is a S&W 642. Awesome little revolver, and easy to carry.
    I own a P64 and while I do love it, once I replaced the mainspring Its a bit to big for pocket carry for me. Plus its all steel weighs 21.9 oz empty...
    lowercase likes this.

Pocket pistols don't have to be tiny under powered mouse guns. I pocket carry a G33 and it works great and plenty of power.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

LCP. I've had one for over a year....shot about 1000 rounds through it, just a couple of failures (most likely due to it being dirty). After a good cleaning, went back to firing flawlessly.

Love my LCP. I don't prefer as a primary carry, but it fills in the gaps when I cannot carry anything bigger. Very reliable and accurate at close range.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links