Lets talk pocket pistols! - Page 5

Lets talk pocket pistols!

This is a discussion on Lets talk pocket pistols! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by revldm I also have a LCP. I have carried it almost daily for about a year. Like most everyone else I only ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets talk pocket pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    I also have a LCP. I have carried it almost daily for about a year. Like most everyone else I only have trouble with the sights. Thought about a laser but have not gotten around to it yet. What kind of paint would you use on the sight? It would have to be tough so as not to wear off in the pocket would it not?
    I used testor's model paint. Painted in March still good to go. I started with red on the front and white on rear then changed to both white. I like the white myself. Pic not so good sorry.
    Attached Images
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I love my Kel tec 3at.......never any problems.... I have one for each pocket.....EDC

I have the LCP and it's far and away my favorite carry gun. It's had about 3,000 round through it with absolutely no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    I also have a LCP. I have carried it almost daily for about a year. Like most everyone else I only have trouble with the sights. Thought about a laser but have not gotten around to it yet. What kind of paint would you use on the sight? It would have to be tough so as not to wear off in the pocket would it not?
    I never practice with the sights on my LCP. All I ever do with the LCP is point and fire. Practice enough and you can get pretty good at it. In an emergency situation, you won't take the time to aim. Your body simply won't let you.

Wife has a seecamp .32 quality quality quality. Lcp with ct laser also good she has both. I have a masterpiece arms .380 really nice gun (the size of a seecamp) for pocket use. I also have a AMT backup 45 smallest .45 auto ever made but I consider it a bit heavy for pocket use although some do it.

+1 for the CM9.

2 revolvers

LCR in front pocket and S&W 340 on ankle for reload. Reliable 357 power and 10 rds and speed strip in left pocket.
    I have tried many other set ups and this works for me!
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Most of you guys must wear cargo pants... or are talking about coat pockets.

For real pants pocket carry... even jeans... you can't beat North American Arms .22 mini-mags!

A perfect "GET OFF ME!" gun... and surprisingly accurate out to 7-10 yards.

naa-mini-mag-hand.JPG

Cheers!

I carry a smith&Wesson 637, Ruger LCP, Glock 33, and my newly Kahr CM9. The CM9 is almost the same as the PM9 just cheaper but I love my CM9 its slim and more effective then a .380

Cool

It is rare that either of my true "pocket guns" are ever carried for more than a BUG.

When they are carried alone it is for the reason of deep concealment and in an area where the chance of needing a firearm are slim to none but still possible.

My front pants pockets don't accommdate anything larger then the two who's photos are below. Head and thoratic cavity shots at pointblank range are the ideal targets.

They are always carried in pocket holsters.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    Most of you guys must wear cargo pants... or are talking about coat pockets.

Yup, especially the gentleman who posted he pocket carries a Glock 26...

Loving the DB9, and PF9. Most days I will have one of these in a pocket and the Kimber riding on the side...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Beretta has a very good track record of having their small pistols function very well. They have been cranking them out for many, many years now and the function bugs have pretty much been all worked out. As long as you are using quality ammo and factory mags.

The Colt Mustang is also quite nice. Both the dimunitive Beretta pistols and the Colt will both maintain a decent value is good used condition so don't feel too bad about spending some extra money on them if that is that you ultimately decide on.
    I have owned both a Colt Mustang and a Beretta Tomcat. You can't go wrong with them. I still have the Colt. I wish I still had the Tomcat. They are the only two pocket pistols that I have had extended experience with and the experience was very positive. Someday, I will get a .32 Tomcat back in my belonging.

Well I went with a bond arms 38 special.

I thought for true pocket gun it fit well little heavy. But after getting my LGS got me a price on the Rourhbaugh holy coconut that is one pricey little gun.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Well I went with a bond arms 38 special.

I thought for true pocket gun it fit well little heavy. But after getting my LGS got me a price on the Rourhbaugh holy coconut that is one pricey little gun.
    Yeah, the Rohrbaugh gives a whole new meaning to "gold standard".

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links