Lets talk pocket pistols! - Page 6

Lets talk pocket pistols!

This is a discussion on Lets talk pocket pistols! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bandrich I used Testor's model paint. Painted in March still good to go. I started with red on the front and white ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets talk pocket pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    I used testor's model paint. Painted in March still good to go. I started with red on the front and white on rear then changed to both white. I like the white myself. Pic not so good sorry.
    dude, I'm doing that tomorrow, great pic and THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    My son has the P238. It is a sweet shooting gun, without doubt. The slide is very light and smooth. However, you can purchase two Bodyguards (or LCPs) and some practice ammo for what he paid for the P238.

You could also purchase two of the LC9 on sale for the cost of the P238.
    LOL aint' that the truth!!!!! I actually think I gotta good deal on the P....I got a black one w/ a laser for $455...I think I lucked out

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    is there an issue of pocket carrying a p238 considering it is SA, and therefore hammer is back and cocked? This is the same situation as others like it, but those are normally carried in holster that is secured. I am fairly new to this, what happens if you drop one, or it gets hit while in your pocket. Is there a higher chance of accidental fire with a SA in position 1?
    bro it freaked me out at first too:

1) it's actually got a safety that won't let the hammer fall all the way UNLESS the trigger is pulled. it will catch at 1/2 cock
    2) it's got a great thumb safety that I can't imagine someone switching off by mistake
    3) the actually left the trigger pull a little heavy on the gun, and they said the reason they did that was b/c they knew people would pocket carry and they didn't want them to worry about a light trigger accidentally discharging (IMO the trigger is AWESOME)
    4) if ya think about it, any of the semi-auto's are cocked, you just can't see the hammer....it's just covered up, but it's still cocked. my LCP is cocked and doesn't have a safety at all....well except for the mile-long trigger.

The wife didn't carry #1 for about 5mo after I got it, then I told her to cock the hammer w/o one in the chamber for 1 week and see how many times it went off by mistake. Now she roll's C&L all the time.....

I read on here "the best safety a gun has is the one between your ears" lolol, I like that one

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 pistol. It is a tad bit smaller than the Ruger LC9, for a pocket carry. Also has built in lazer. Nice feature for a pocket gun. Nice little gun Very accurate, tight pattern.

bodyguard 380 pistol.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ole slabside View Post
    J-Frames are a bit too wide for me to pocket carry.
    Really? I must buy my pants in the big pocket store.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I love the Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380.. small, effective, durable and accurate.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

I also love the new Colt. I have an LC9 as my EDC, but someday would love to add a new colt to my collection. :)

Oh boy, I'll be the lone Taurus TCP 738 guy. Mines been great since break in. During break in I had 2 malfunctions with Federal stuff from Walmart. Now I only shoot the good stuff in it. Haven't had a problem since. I carry in a Desantis Nemesis holster.

Pocket pistols are great as long as you don't expect too much from them. They are mostly a last ditch weapon. Simply put, I'm not gonna be doing head shots at 25 yards, Nor do I carry 4 spare mags in case of a protracted gun fight.

As far as carrying a Glock 26 in your pocket goes. Been there and done that. Not my preferred carry method but it can be done.
    Question Everything!

Good thread! Ain't it great that we have all these choices?
    I pocket-carry an S&W 49 (the REAL Bodyguard ). I started P/C--slacks or cargo pants provide plenty of room for a small pistol--with a 449 Centennial, but was shocked when I shot better with a borrowed Kahr 9mm. This set me off on a search and I wound up with a Kel-Tec P11. After the PF9 was out and refined, I went to it. Without constant practice, I'm not totally confident carrying one of those, so when funds got tight, I went back to wheelguns, but swapped the 442 for the 49.
    The tiny .380s sound good, but feel just a little too small for my large-average hands.

I carried a P32 for years as my primary. It carried well but I wasnt comfortable with it though it served its purpose and was 100% reliable. I carried a 642 for a while and felt comfortable but moved to what I thought was bigger and better. I guess maybe I did. I have carried a Glock 26, an LCR and a CM9 all in my pocket. I dont feel a gun a gun is a pocket gun because it will git in your pocket. I think its more of what you can quickly and comfortably draw from your pocket as well as fire accurately once drawn. I find my LCR to be accurate but I find that its a little larger than the 642. The CM9 is accurate too and easy to reload but I find the LCR grip being round easier to draw. The 26 works in baggy shorts but isnt feasable. Will probably go to a 442 /637 soon as a pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    My favorite pocket carry is a Kahr P380. I also own a LCP, which is also a nice pocket carry, but find myself carrying the Kahr simply because the trigger is much smoother.
    I second this. P380 Kahr is my go to EDC gun. Love it!
    No one ever said it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Ruger quality at an affordable price. Id have to pick the LCP if money is a issue.
    This is my Daughters target today she switched to a LCP380 from her LC9.
    21 feet 30 of 30 quick fire indoor so those that say you can't hit anything with a LCP ?

DC
    ^ impressive. Don't mess with this girl.

SeeCamp in a Del Fatti pocket holster.

I think the Ruger LCP is a great pocket gun. Went and put 50 rounds thru last week using PMC 90 gr FMJ. It was a good outing. I shot the 50 using the "double tap" method from a holster between each mag at 7 yards. I know you need to be real careful which I was. The final 12x12" target is attached.
    Attached Images
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links