Glock 19 for CCW?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will buck the trend and say there are better options. You are going to get a ton of people who will tell you how ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Glock 19 for CCW?

VIP Member
    I will buck the trend and say there are better options. You are going to get a ton of people who will tell you how great the G19 is and it's a great firearm, but some times these things come down to personal preference. It's obvious you have some reservations or you wouldn't be asking. It can be done as I am sure there will be a "Little Person" who is 3 foot 2 and 50 pounds who will pipe up any second now and claim they conceal a Barrett .50 cal appendix carry.

I tend to gravitate towards a G26, M&P9c or Khar as I think they are a tad easier to conceal.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It can be done as I am sure there will be a "Little Person" who is 3 foot 2 and 50 pounds who will pipe up any second now and claim they conceal a Barrett .50 cal appendix carry.
    Well, I'm not gonna lie... On weekends sometimes I appendix carry an Air Craft Carrier and launch fighter jets off of my... WELL, you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    I have a G19 and would like to know if this might be too big for concealed carry? I'm a big guy. I'd prefer to appendix carry but 330 is ok if necessary.
    When I first started appendix-iwb carry, it was with a G30 and a leather Summer Special holster. I was about 5'11 and 240.

I'm down to about 215, and changed to the G19 in kydex (Dale Fricke ArchAngel) and find it even more comfortable.

FWIW, my G26 and my 19 both have milled RDS mounted to them they still conceal very well.

I chose the G26 over the G19 because it is a little bit smaller making it easier to CCW ... for me. They both uses the same mags so the round count can be the same, but in a smaller package. YMWV

But you can't go wrong either way.

I do every day now in a Galco Summer Comfort at 5:00.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

I carried a Glock 21 for Two Months last year that way. Worked for me.

I have a G19 and would like to know if this might be too big for concealed carry?
    Why would you even ask a question that only YOU can answer? You can either conceal it, or you can't.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Anyone have any business casual carry recommendations for the G19? I wear slacks and a tucked in polo/button up everyday for work, but I haven't been able to find a way to carry my G19 unless my shirt is untucked.

Anyone have suggestions?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Crossbreed super tuck. I have carried my glock 27 in the past with a tucked in shirt. Worked really well. Depending on your body type a Glock 19 might be a bit much if you don't find the right combo that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
    Anyone have any business casual carry recommendations for the G19? I wear slacks and a tucked in polo/button up everyday for work, but I haven't been able to find a way to carry my G19 unless my shirt is untucked.

Anyone have suggestions?
    I use a plain DeSantis belly band

VIP Member
    I just put up a thread with pics on my Glock 19 in a Brommeland Max-Con V holster. I am 5'10", weigh about 195, and have a 32" waist. This particular set-up fits me perfectly at the 3:00 position during my full range of activities: bicycling, running, driving and working outside on the homestead and on the farm. I wear size-larger pants and shirts. For tailored formal wear, I go with a Kahr PF9, also in a Max-Con V.
    Brommeland Max-Con V IWB Holster

I have a G19 and would like to know if this might be too big for concealed carry? I'm a big guy. I'd prefer to appendix carry but 330 is ok if necessary. I can't invest in another firearm at this time and wouldn't want to part with my Glock anyway.
    Compact Glocks are perfect for CCW. I think they are a good compromise in overall size and weight along with the capacity. I think a big factor in concealment is gun thickness. A single column mag gun will be thinner. For summer/business carry, you just might have to get another gun later. Not sure about appendix carry. Try sitting in a car with it in that position. If the barrel does not dig into you, then you're good. One thing about any position causing you to bring your drawing arm in front or across your body is that you have to be aware that someone can pin your arm on the draw versus stongside where you can block with your other arm.

I carry a G32 but position changes according to situation and attire. If cold weather with a jacket, then strongside on belt if a longer jacket. If a short jacket, then IWB or shoulder if not planning to remove jacket. T-shirt weather, then SOB to conceal the bulge (can't really sit without caution) but I usually will go to a slimmer gun and IWB during summer weather unless I really wanted to carry the Glock. Yes, I have ended up with a holster collection.

A lot of people have already thrown out there advice, but I carry a 19 everyday as well in a Galco King Tuk. It is a clone of the supertuck and I find it very comfortable and concealable.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Echoing what has already been said the 19 is great to carry. I have 19 and 26 and really carry them interchangeably, especially if you add mag extensions to the 26 then you might as well have the 19. I carry the 19 either appedix or 3:00 maybe 3:05 position in Kydex.

I have just switched from a G26 to a G19 for EDC. I still love the 26 and will carry it in the summer with a tshirt, but the 19 conceals just as well and is much easier to draw in my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links