Springfield XD-S - Who Has Seen One? Who Has Shot One?

This is a discussion on Springfield XD-S - Who Has Seen One? Who Has Shot One? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Springfield announced a new ultra-thin .45ACP called the XD-S at the SHOT show last week. I have not seen any reports that they are in ...

Thread: Springfield XD-S - Who Has Seen One? Who Has Shot One?

VIP Member

Springfield XD-S - Who Has Seen One? Who Has Shot One?

Springfield announced a new ultra-thin .45ACP called the XD-S at the SHOT show last week. I have not seen any reports that they are in shops yet. Let's have a competition to see who can be the first to find/handle one and the first to buy/shoot one. First prize is bragging rights and an obligation to post a first impressions post or range report.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

They're not out yet.
    The only way you would have been able to get your hand on and fire one would have been at the SHOT Show that just ended.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

I got to handle the one they had at SHOT show. the Frame was a hair wider than my PPS daily carry, and it was amazingly comfortable. It'll be available in .45 ACP to start with, and then 9mm and .40 S&W later. 5+1 for .45 They were unsure of what capacities would be for the 9mm and .40 S&W versions.

Im guessing 6+1 and 7+1 for the 40 s&w and 9mm versions as most other slim pistols in this catogorie have these capacitys cant wait to see what the price is for the 9mm version

I'll be holding out for the 9mm.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Me too. I'd love a summer time alternative to my double stack XD9sc.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Springfield announced a new ultra-thin .45ACP called the XD-S at the SHOT show last week. I have not seen any reports that they are in shops yet. Let's have a competition to see who can be the first to find/handle one and the first to buy/shoot one. First prize is bragging rights and an obligation to post a first impressions post or range report.
    Well, on XDTalk Rob Leatham posted up a section and there is video where he shot it. Also, I think it was AJamesP51 also shot it and gave a review.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Links