I expect Glock to phase out the gen 3... - Page 3

I expect Glock to phase out the gen 3...

This is a discussion on I expect Glock to phase out the gen 3... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IMO, the G4ís have a better fit or feel compared to previous generations. I am considering a 10mm, but the last time I checked they ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I expect Glock to phase out the gen 3...

IMO, the G4ís have a better fit or feel compared to previous generations. I am considering a 10mm, but the last time I checked they were not available.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    Interesting thread. I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm going to be purchasing a G19 for the wife next Friday. And I am torn between the Gen3 and Gen4.

-------------------
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a slave.
    If your wife has no difficulty gripping older G19s then it does not make a lot of difference. If she has smaller hands and difficulty with grip, the gen 4 will give more options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I have no doubt that they will eventually phase out the Gen3 pistols, but it is going to be a little while. They have to bring all the Gen4s to market, get everything working right etc....

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    I have no doubt that they will eventually phase out the Gen3 pistols, but it is going to be a little while. They have to bring all the Gen4s to market, get everything working right etc....
    I didn't mean they were going to stop manufacturing gen 3s this week.

I think you're right.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Old thread but this is still a very interesting topic to us Kool-Aid drinkers.

Although I'm sure Glock is working diligently to ensure that the Gen 4's are as reliable as their predecessors, I've just read and heard too many unsavory things to be interested in purchasing a Gen 4.

Has anyone stumbled on any new info re: how much longer new Gen 3's will be available on our local gun store's shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Well, we sometimes make it sound like Glock is having problems no one else is having, but speaking of M&Ps, they had problems of magazines falling out, sight inserts falling off, sear bounce, and a number of other problems I can't recall. While this was going on, we saw the very same thing - "I'll stick to my Glock thank you" attitude.

Now Glock is having similar issues with a new intro and what are we hearing? "I'll never buy another Glock again"; "I'm going with an M&P" What a turn around in a short period of time.

I'm not denying Glock is having problems, but they'll get them resolved just like S&W did with the M&Ps.

I've looked at everything available right now and when I wanted a .40 S&W, there was only one gun that I was interested in - the G22 Gen 4. I bought it, I like it, I'll shoot it and see if I have issues, if I do I know Glock will fix it.
    Excellent point. The XD's had issues when Soringfield first released them too. And nearly very 1911 manufacturer has had their share of problems on newly released guns. People need to be patient. No gun is perfect no matter what the advertising says.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Oh, man, I can't wait for Gen5 so I can get on my high horse and pronounce to the world how much better my Gen4 is! Gotta feel what the Gen3 set feels.
    Philly Boy likes this.

of course they'll phase it out. someday there will be a Gen 5. some will love it. some will hate it. and eventually the Gen 4 will go away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    I've just read and heard too many unsavory things to be interested in purchasing a Gen 4.
    And what might those be? I've put nearly 1000 rounds through mine and while that doesn't guarantee success for 10,000 the action has been so flawless I can't imagine it falling short of anybody's reliability expectations. Were they improved post-release? Sure they were, like any number of other products. And even if you bought a used one and it turned out to be an early lemon, put in a new ejector and recoil spring and you're good to go.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    The gen 4 is not approved presently. But if a gen 3 is approved, why would the gen 4 not eventually be approved? The gen 4s work just like the gen 3s and have the same safety features.

It seems unlikely that Glock would produce gen 3s for California and gen 4s for the rest of the world.
    I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

You see a whole market of CA-ized ARs, so simply continuing production of an already-popular model for that market is not outside the realm of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Oh, man, I can't wait for Gen5 so I can get on my high horse and pronounce to the world how much better my Gen4 is! Gotta feel what the Gen3 set feels.
    I read the Glock gen 5 will be a Springfield clone. And they will offer a nice compact double stack that will strangely resemble a Ruger Sr9c.
    Just taking them awhile to figure out how to thin them glocks down

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    And what might those be? I've put nearly 1000 rounds through mine and while that doesn't guarantee success for 10,000 the action has been so flawless I can't imagine it falling short of anybody's reliability expectations. Were they improved post-release? Sure they were, like any number of other products. And even if you bought a used one and it turned out to be an early lemon, put in a new ejector and recoil spring and you're good to go.
    I haven't put that many rounds through mine yet but I haven't had any problems with it so far. Based on it's performance, I wouldn't even think it's "different" from my others if I didn't know so.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I have a Gen. 3 G19....and I am not planning on buying anymore semis, anyway....but I have always liked the Gen 3.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    I'll still take a gen 2 over a gen 3 or 4 any day of the week.
    This, they can keep the gen 4's.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I've been hot on the concept of getting a Gen 4, but after handling a few the other day.

I feel that the grip texture would bother me on a G33 or G31, so I'd have to cover it up with a Hogue grip.

There are plenty new and used Gen 3s to last for a few year.

Think of all the police glocks out there that will someday be traded in for Gen 4s or M&Ps?

Until I can handle a Gen 4 with a grip modification to my liking.

This will suffice for now:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links