Sig 226 grips

Sig 226 grips

This is a discussion on Sig 226 grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been using a sig 226 in .40 cal. I used to own an old 226 in 9mm. I like the old grip style better, ...

Thread: Sig 226 grips

Sig 226 grips

I've been using a sig 226 in .40 cal. I used to own an old 226 in 9mm. I like the old grip style better, fits my hands. Does anyone know if the old style grips from the 9mm 226 will fit my new .40 cal 226? If so does anyone know where to find them?
    BTW, I love this gun. I've taken a couple of pistol courses and shot about 4k rounds without any problem, not a one. This gun shoots where I aim, I'm not a very good shot with a pistol but this 226 makes me look like I am. If anyone is looking for a great pistol don't over look the sig cpo. I paid just over $600 and it came with a .40 and .357 sig barrel. Thanks!

Assistant Administrator
    I am not sure about the grips fitting or where to find them. I would think they should fit any 226 frame - but don't quote me!

I have my originals from my 9mm 226 ST, EDC, put aside - having put CT's on - which are even better - they feel superb. That is one option you might consider perhaps, tho costly option!!!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I don't believe that the older grips will fit on a newer gun. Sig made several design changes in the internal parts and therefor made different fitting grips. I'd try to find an older gun, bring your Sig and see if the grip panels fit.............might just work out for you.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I don't believe that the older grips will fit on a newer gun. Sig made several design changes in the internal parts and therefor made different fitting grips. I'd try to find an older gun, bring your Sig and see if the grip panels fit.............might just work out for you.
    They won't! Someone gave me an old set of Hogues for my new 226 when I got it, and they wouldn't work at all. I passed them on to a friend in California who had an "older" 226....... But, not old enough! I hope the poor things finally found a home.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

No....I had some nice wood grips for my P226/9mm...swicthed them out every once in a while with a Hogue grip...anyway, the 9mm was stolen...insurance $$ got me a P226/.40S&W....tried putting on the wood grips--and they wouldn't fit. :-(

Thanks, I was fairly certain that they wouldn't fit. They fit my hands much better though. Sig should offer grips with the same checkering and contour of the old grips for the new pistols. Why try to fix what ain't broke?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I have a question, will the new grips fit on an older 226?
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Doc, I'm not sure that you'ld want to. I like the old grips, the checkering is deeper and helps hold on to the pistol when my hands get wet. Also, the small change in the grip profile seems to make the grip thicker and forces my hand lower on the grip than I would like.

Hogue does make nice wood grips that seem to have the same checkering but they don't offer them in plastic. I read somewhere that they can re-checker the grip on the 220 but not the 226 as the proccess will cut through the grip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will start offering thier grips in plastic.

Sponsored Links