Ruger SR22 Rimfire pistol?

This is a discussion on Ruger SR22 Rimfire pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ruger® SR22™ Rimfire Pistol Models Any thoughts? Personally, I have always been disappointed at the .22 options. You either get a pocket rocket like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ruger SR22 Rimfire pistol?

Ruger® SR22™ Rimfire Pistol Models

Any thoughts?

Personally, I have always been disappointed at the .22 options. You either get a pocket rocket like the Beretta 'shoot your finger off'' snubbys, the long and unwieldy 'target shooting' Rugers, or the cheap foreign knockoffs of production 9mms and .45s. I've always wanted a service-style and sized pistol chambered in .22. The question is... is it any good?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Did you see Hikock45 review this new pistol?

The new Ruger SR22...at the compound
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Did you see Hikock45 review this new pistol?

The new Ruger SR22...at the compound
    No... but I generally don't use youtube reviews anyway... when I can watch video, I turn on the TV :)
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Wow, Hickok45 needs to spend more time on a treadmill and less time on the range!

Looks like a neat plinking gun.

I just picked up one this last Monday. Reading a lot of reviews and nothing but good things. I bought two different types of ammo and headed to the range this Sunday. Take down of the Ruger is very simple and no tools required like the Walther. It has been cleaned and ready to go.

Finally got to shoot the Ruger. Very impressed by this little gun. NO FTF's or anything with 200 rounds fired. Smooth and accurate. The friend I went with was also very impressed and was shooting his P226 with the 22LR conversion. A few FTF's for him. One of the guys working the range came by and was checking out all the guns we had. I pointed out the new Ruger and let him shoot. He was impressed . I shot two types of ammo the CCI Mini Mags and the Winchester HV. On the target was some of the P226 and just running ammo thru the Ruger. Once I saw the Ruger wasnt going to have issues or anything you can see the group of shots on this one target. Overall=

Nice... when the budget recovers from my last firearms purchase, I'll have to get my hands on one :)

-- John F. Kennedy

from all accounts it's a great gun with very few issues(besides a couple with loose barrel nuts from the factory). a lot fo guys claim though that the grips are very small so larger handed fellows might have trouble with it. all comparisons I've seen blow the sig mosquito and walther p22 out of the water
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

So far the barrel is tight. I'll keep an eye on it though!

^^^ it was only a few isolated incidents, I think it might have just been one sloppy factory worker and they caught it pretty quick and "fixed" the situation
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Interesting...My barber picked one up recently. I'll keep nagging him about it. I'd love to have a reliable .22 semi-auto pistol.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Yep - when I get some more cash, this little baby is on my list of guns to buy. I hope it is better made than my Walther P22. I still love the P22, but I must confess it is not made very well.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Ah, so now I have a reason to sell my MKIII 22/45. I have two of them, one is the low-cost, blued with integral polymer grips, the other is the stainless target with the cocobolo grips. I'd sell the low-cost one, keep the other, and buy one of these.

From what I've experienced, the Ruger guns are just about the most reliable guns you can buy.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I just picked one up. Changed the grip to the larger grip. I love it. Eats anything I feed it. Trigger is good and is smoothing out. Accurate and a great cheap alternative to train drawing and shooting on the move with. I am going to shoot the he double hockey sticks out of this one!! It took someone long enough to make a reliable compact one. Good solid build quality. Smith and walther and sig weren't reliable enough. Two thumbs up to ruger yet again!
    IMG_3383.jpgIMG_3385.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I just picked one up. Changed the grip to the larger grip. I love it. Eats anything I feed it. Trigger is good and is smoothing out. Accurate and a great cheap alternative to train drawing and shooting on the move with. I am going to shoot the he double hockey sticks out of this one!! It took someone long enough to make a reliable compact one. Smith and walther and sig weren't reliable enough. Two thumbs up to ruger yet again!
    IMG_3383.jpgIMG_3385.jpg
    Sweet... I'll definitely add it to my wishlist then :)

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links