Range report for my new to me Star PD

This is a discussion on Range report for my new to me Star PD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got to put my 1982 Star PD for a run today. Every shot I took was from inside of 15 yards. It shot ...

Thread: Range report for my new to me Star PD

Range report for my new to me Star PD

Well I got to put my 1982 Star PD for a run today. Every shot I took was from inside of 15 yards. It shot very well and is very accurate. I did not have any kind of hickup out of it and it shot POA.
    The only ammo I brought with me was 200 rounds of Remington 230 Grain FMJ's and 40 rounds of 230 Grain Golden Sabers that I had laying around in my safe.
    This PD is just like the one I had in the eighties and does kick a bit but not enough so it bothers you too much. The mags are really easy to load and the thumb safety worked great.
    I think I may paint the front sight red because my old eyes had a hard time picking it up after the shots had been made. Over all I am very please with this nice little compact 45acp. I like it so much I am looking for another one as my back up gun.
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice.!!
    I bought a couple S&W's from a guy on GB, and noticed he had a boatload of Stars for sale. Have heard they were great firearms built in Spain.
    Didn't notice if he had any .45's.
    Heres his link ; Buy and Sell Items at GunBroker.com
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links