Glock 30 / 36 question

This is a discussion on Glock 30 / 36 question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a G36 and it is ok. I had a G30 at one time and I liked the gun but the slide was just ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By bunker
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Glock 30 / 36 question

Glock 30 / 36 question

I have a G36 and it is ok. I had a G30 at one time and I liked the gun but the slide was just too thick to carry IWB.

Now for my question. If I buy a G30sf, can I put the G36 slide on the G30 frame and have the best of both worlds? I'm just curious as to if this can be done and if so, is it safe? Thanks.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I have a G36 and it is ok. I had a G30 at one time and I liked the gun but the slide was just too thick to carry IWB.

Now for my question. If I buy a G30sf, can I put the G36 slide on the G30 frame and have the best of both worlds? I'm just curious as to if this can be done and if so, is it safe? Thanks.
    I cant say this for absolute certain but I am pretty sure the answer to your question is no. From what I under the the SF or Slime frame doesn't mean slimmer in the width of the slide or the frame, it's slimmer in the front to back width of the grip. I'm sure someone with more Glock knowledge will chime in to give you a definitive answer.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

From one G30 owner to another, i would suggest selling your GLocks! Havent you heard that Glock is putting out nothing more than crap guns lately? Lol Bunker
    OldVet and zonker1986 like this.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

There have been a few people on WarriorTalk who have successfully did this conversion. It's also been reported that many Glock employees carry this combo, even though it isn't a cataloged item.

Problem is, you are stuck with a single stack wide slide gun no one would want if you tried to sell the other parts as a combo.
    Link:
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...t=glock+hybrid

EDIT: I carried a G30 appendix-iwb for a few years in a Summer Special holster at 240lbs and didn't find it uncomfortable or difficult to conceal. I'm down to 215 now, and carry a G19 in kydex in the same position even easier than I did the thicker G30/leather combo.

How about just carrying the G30 in an OWB holster? The only real benefit of IWB carry is that the bottom of the pistol won't show if you raise your arms up high and your cover garment rides up. You can solve that by wearing longer shirts. I'd do that before monkeying around with the gun. JMHO. With a good gun belt and holster that rides close to the body, OWB is about as concealed as IWB, and a heck of a lot more comfortable.

PS - I'm real close to getting a G30 myself, and if I do, I will carry it OWB. I've been doing this of late on weekends with my G19, which is actually a hair longer in the slide than the G30.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yes, it's been done; it works; but is .1 inch really going to make that much difference?
    shooterX and Guest1 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I carry a smith model 66 IWB without problem, I can't imagine the G30 or 30SF (both of which I am considering) will be anymore difficult to carry in the same manner, I can carry my Sig P226 IWB also using a UBG canute, and don't have a problem, and it is 1.5" wide. With the proper belt and holster, and clothing I believe it is possible to conceal almost fullsize semi-auto pistols IWB, but that's just me and MHO.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Yes you can:

First pic: on the left is a 36 slide on a 30 frame, on the right is a 30 slide on a 36 frame

The rest of the pics are the 36 slide on a 30 frame

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The only real benefit of IWB carry is that the bottom of the pistol won't show if you raise your arms up high and your cover garment rides up.
    Perhaps for your physique. IWB allows me to carry a serious pistol without resorting to an unbuttoned outer garment. I'm able to hide an HK45C under a regular shirt, buttoned up, or a loose T-shirt. My shoulders are still wider than my waistline, but its a near thing these days. Even the thinnest of OWB holsters would make the gun print, big-time.

If they are interchangable slides, then I may have to pick up another G30...hate I let my other one go now.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

yeah, it works. I have both the G30SF and the G36.....have no interest in playing with interchanging the slides as both guns are carried for different purposes in different weather.....but with all the slamming of Glocks lately, I may just sell both and get something else that is more reliable.....

....when hell freezes over.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    yeah, it works. I have both the G30SF and the G36.....have no interest in playing with interchanging the slides as both guns are carried for different purposes in different weather.....but with all the slamming of Glocks lately, I may just sell both and get something else that is more reliable.....

....when hell freezes over.
    What he said...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links