Consistency in gun types - Glock + XDM question ?

This is a discussion on Consistency in gun types - Glock + XDM question ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The whole one platform thing is an OK idea, but gets overblown. I'm not saying I'm the world's best marksman or anything, but I do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Consistency in gun types - Glock + XDM question ?

VIP Member
    The whole one platform thing is an OK idea, but gets overblown. I'm not saying I'm the world's best marksman or anything, but I do pretty OK- and I have a pretty unique situation.

My duty gun is a H&K USP 40... unless I'm wearing the black BDU's, then it is a Springfield 1911. Off duty I usually have either a Kel Tec PF9 or S&W 642 in a pocket and M&P9c on my hip. That means I routinely carry a DA/SA, a SA, a DA, and a striker fired gun. I don't know if you could get more diverse yet I manage to not have problems. Just practice and make choices that make sense for you. (For what it is worth I love the S&W but think it is about to get dropped for a Glock 19 that will get a RMR at some point in the future.)
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Glock 19 and I recently purchased a S&W SD9 and these two pistols are real close but the trigger reset is a bit longer and I haven't found it to be a problem. I love the feel of the SD over the glock but they are close. The XD should be ok all these guns are pretty close.

I can't see any real problems going from one to another. They are similar enough. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.
    Question Everything!

I'd stick within the family of Glock for the reasons mentioned above.
    Even with different calibers 9mm/.45, the pistol (trigger, grip angle, etc) is the same.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links