your thoughts

your thoughts

This is a discussion on your thoughts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone have any thoughts on the hk usp40 good or bad...

Thread: your thoughts

your thoughts

anyone have any thoughts on the hk usp40 good or bad

Great pistol very accurate incredibly reliable. Absolute tank as far as durability and looks like it- blocky ergonomics easily fixed with a $10 hogue slip on. The frame is towards the large side of the scale for similar capacity/caliber service size pistols. The dual spring recoil assembly tames recoil well but results in a somewhat strange return to target that bothers some more than others. Bit pricey but well worth it if your life could depend on it. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well buy with confidence.

-424D57

USP compact or full size?

I presume you are speaking of the full size USP 40 instead of the compact version?

I have a full size .45 and the compact in .40. If you are going to carry it, the compact is more concealable. I also believe the trigger pull on the compact is better, especially the double action first shot. The USPs in general are well made and reliable, with good accuracy.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links