Anyone Carry a PARA LDA?

This is a discussion on Anyone Carry a PARA LDA? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone Carry or had a chance to shoot a Para LDA? If so, please tell me how you like it....

Thread: Anyone Carry a PARA LDA?

Anyone Carry a PARA LDA?

Anyone Carry or had a chance to shoot a Para LDA? If so, please tell me how you like it.
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

2. Remove Ads

LDA

I got my first Para LDA last week. Third Para, but first carry gun. It is a CCW or 7-45 LDA in stainless. I've only had the opportunity to shoot it once. I ran it through an IDPA stage at the local fun match Saturday and was highly impressed. Accuracy was excellent for the first time shooting, and phenomenal for me with a double action only bottom feeder I'm used to shooting revolvers. I had no problem keeping double taps in the head box at 10-15 yds. My time was slower than normal, but that can be attributed to the fact that this is the first time in 6 months I've shot anything but a 625 with moon clips. I was plenty satisfied and will be carrying said para as soon as I receive my holster.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

I carry a Para Tac-Four LDA double stack in a Galco Royal Guard IWB at 3:00. I had the ambi safety disengage on my Kimber a couple times so I started to carry the Para more often. The 12+1 capacity helps during pistol matches. Although double taps are a little slower due to the trigger reset (the reset takes some getting use to especially during competition) the LDA is my full time carry pc.
    Pershing SIR!!

I carried the Carry 12 LDA for about a year then sold it to one of my buddies. It was very accurate and I experienced no failures of any kind whils I had it. If memory serves me I had put about 4000 rounds through it when I sold it. The only complaint I have is that the night sights on the P.O. guns really suck. They are so dim they might as well not be on the gun. Other than that I can highly recommend them.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I have a para 12.45 LDA that I enjoy shooting. It will be a primary tote in the cooler/colder months. I have replaced the extractor in it. (This is an older model, not the power extractor). No troubles. Shoots great. I can double or triple tap. Keeping on aim with a triple tap is gonna take practice.
    I understand Para has a new contractor for the nite sights, and for $125 when I'm ready, I'll have them put on. One week turn-around to Tennessee.
    I think you'll be very happy with it...

I have 7-45LDA. It works great. Like my other two Para's, I have had no problems. Very accurate and easy to control. When carrying concealed there is no hammer spur to dig into your side!

Semper Fi

16.40 Lda

I carried a 5" 16.40 LDA a little over 5 years as a duty weapon. I decided to start carrying it again while my SA 1911 is at the factory. I put several hundred rounds through it the other day, I had forgotten what a pleasure it was to shoot. I find the trigger to be one of the most controllable out there (note I said controllable, not the fastest), its a very good system and has been flawless through 15K rounds.
    Good Luck
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

JD
    Administrator
    I've had several, cerrently I have a Para CCW. I love the way they shoot, just takes a little gettting used to after shooting single action 1911's.

LDA

I have a P14-40 Compact that is my primary carry. She has digested 2000+rds with only 2 FTF's during the 1st 50 rds. I carry her in a Wild Bill's Belt Slide and use a Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle single mag holder. Normal load is the 180 gn Expanding FMJ, but feeds Gold Dot, Golden Sabre, anything that I've put in her. Being an old revolver shooter I tend to stage the trigger. I am a tick slower with her than my Springfield Champion 45 but her groups are tighter. I trust her enough to carry her, cannot make any recommendation better than that.

Lead Moderator
    My girlfriend had a Para LDA for a while. Nice ,smooth trigger and a accurate gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    My girlfriend had a Para LDA for a while.
    Sounds like one heck of a woman, Rock...

I carry the CCW 745 and use an Andrews holster. Very accurate h/g
    MY GUN, MY RIGHT!!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    Sounds like one heck of a woman, Rock...
    Yep, she is a great woman.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Wow, good feedback. I appreciate it gentleman. Very much so!

Thanks
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

Links