Question about the legality on the 3.5lb disconnector on carry glocks. - Page 4

Question about the legality on the 3.5lb disconnector on carry glocks.

This is a discussion on Question about the legality on the 3.5lb disconnector on carry glocks. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by High Altitude Wrong, all LE glock 34s come from glock with the 5.5 connector. You purchase a blue label 34 and it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Question about the legality on the 3.5lb disconnector on carry glocks.

  1. #46
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,452
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Wrong, all LE glock 34s come from glock with the 5.5 connector. You purchase a blue label 34 and it will have the 5.5 connector in it.
    not all, some have come with 3.5 (guy in my squad has one), but I believe the standard may not have been consistent for awhile, perhaps now it is
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?


  2. #47
    Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    not all, some have come with 3.5 (guy in my squad has one), but I believe the standard may not have been consistent for awhile, perhaps now it is
    I am sure with LE letterhead requesting the 3.5, glock would do it, but I don't think they do it as standard practice with out a request. Things at Glock are changing pretty quick lately so who knows with absolute certainty.

  3. #48
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The FBI issued S&W's in 10mm for a time ....... and the Fish trial was pure Prosecutorial & Judicial Misconduct.
    And yet Fish was the victim of that Prosecutorial Misconduct. And it cost him dearly.

    Never forget that YOU could be the next victim of Prosecutorial Misconduct.

    When the prosecutor files charges of manslaughter claiming you had a negligent discharge, that's the trial you get. It doesn't matter that you know you did not have a negligent discharge, and that you intentionally shot him because there was a righteous threat. You're going to be fighting the bogus trumped up charges the prosecutor lays out.

    No one, including Ayoob is saying you can't lighten your trigger... Just be aware of some of the pitfalls you may face if you end up with an unscrupulous prosecutor like Mr. Fish did.

    If you have the bad luck of drawing such a prosecutor, you may find yourself regretting all those pistol modifications. You can't just go tell the judge, this is a bunch of B.S., and ask for a different prosecutor.

    Once the charges read at the arraignment reads manslaughter, instead of murder one, you're hosed. For murder one, you can use the affirmative defense. That you intentionally pulled the trigger because your life was in danger.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  4. #49
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If you ever have to shoot you will not be going home with that fire arm it will be in custody until they are ready to return it and in that time it will be gone over very well.
    Keep in mind these are the same people that made it a crime to change a grip or a stock on a weapon just because of the way it made it look.
    This brings up an interesting point. Other than doing ballistic testing to make sure it was the actual weapon used what tests are preformed on the weapon?
    Do they do a trigger pull weight test on every weapon used in a self-defense shooting? If so, after possibly finding that the trigger pull is outside of factory specs do they then do further testing to see if it was caused by wear, fatigue or possibly tampering on the part of the owner?

    Do they test all parts to see if they are original OEM parts?

    Michael

  5. #50
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And yet Fish was the victim of that Prosecutorial Misconduct. And it cost him dearly.

    Never forget that YOU could be the next victim of Prosecutorial Misconduct.

    When the prosecutor files charges of manslaughter claiming you had a negligent discharge, that's the trial you get. It doesn't matter that you know you did not have a negligent discharge, and that you intentionally shot him because there was a righteous threat. You're going to be fighting the bogus trumped up charges the prosecutor lays out.

    No one, including Ayoob is saying you can't lighten your trigger... Just be aware of some of the pitfalls you may face if you end up with an unscrupulous prosecutor like Mr. Fish did.

    If you have the bad luck of drawing such a prosecutor, you may find yourself regretting all those pistol modifications. You can't just go tell the judge, this is a bunch of B.S., and ask for a different prosecutor.

    Once the charges read at the arraignment reads manslaughter, instead of murder one, you're hosed. For murder one, you can use the affirmative defense. That you intentionally pulled the trigger because your life was in danger.
    The biggest fallacy of your argument is in the assumption that such official misconduct is the rule rather than the incredibly rare exception. Further Fish didn't alter his trigger, nor did he accidentally discharge his firearm resulting in death. He defended himself and got railroaded by an unethical Prosecutor operating in conjunction with an unethical judge, a rare but not unheard of occurrence in the US judicial system.

    If that frightens you maybe it's best you leave your sidearm at home and just hope not to be a victim.
    Vaquero 45 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  6. #51
    Member Array gorilla45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    buford, ga
    Posts
    48
    according to the local law enforcement here, the circumstances under which the SD shooting took place is the most important issue. I live in GA. once the police say it was a justified shooting, case closed and that's the end of it, no civil liability after the fact. anyway, i didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with my question. thanks for everyones input.

  7. #52
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla45 View Post
    according to the local law enforcement here, the circumstances under which the SD shooting took place is the most important issue. I live in GA. once the police say it was a justified shooting, case closed and that's the end of it, no civil liability after the fact. anyway, i didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with my question. thanks for everyones input.
    No hornets nest. Your question brought up some interesting ideas.

    Michael

  8. #53
    Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla45 View Post
    according to the local law enforcement here, the circumstances under which the SD shooting took place is the most important issue. I live in GA. once the police say it was a justified shooting, case closed and that's the end of it, no civil liability after the fact. anyway, i didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with my question. thanks for everyones input.
    If it is ruled justified then no problem, it is when you have to go to trial that all the unbelievable theatrics come out.

  9. #54
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And yet Fish was the victim of that Prosecutorial Misconduct. And it cost him dearly.

    Never forget that YOU could be the next victim of Prosecutorial Misconduct.

    When the prosecutor files charges of manslaughter claiming you had a negligent discharge, that's the trial you get. It doesn't matter that you know you did not have a negligent discharge, and that you intentionally shot him because there was a righteous threat. You're going to be fighting the bogus trumped up charges the prosecutor lays out.

    No one, including Ayoob is saying you can't lighten your trigger... Just be aware of some of the pitfalls you may face if you end up with an unscrupulous prosecutor like Mr. Fish did.

    If you have the bad luck of drawing such a prosecutor, you may find yourself regretting all those pistol modifications. You can't just go tell the judge, this is a bunch of B.S., and ask for a different prosecutor.

    Once the charges read at the arraignment reads manslaughter, instead of murder one, you're hosed. For murder one, you can use the affirmative defense. That you intentionally pulled the trigger because your life was in danger.
    This is one of the biggest loads of baloney that I've ever seen.

    So, in an intentional shooting of another person in self defense, a prosecutor is going to claim that it was an accident? If you are attacked and deadly force is reasonable to defend yourself, it doesn't matter how the bad guy is shot. You can use the affirmative defense in ANY action in which you shoot someone.

    This is why you never seek legal advice from medical professionals on the internet.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  10. #55
    Ex Member Array walleye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    erie PA
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla45 View Post
    Ok im not sure if this is the right place to post this. and I'm hoping to get feed back from any LEOs or lawyers on here. So all my glocks have the 3.5lb disconnectors on them. I like the way it makes the trigger feel. more smooth than lighter. Anyway, I was reading an article by masaa ayoob, in which he stated that you should never lighten the trigger on you carry gun. Is this true?

    So I put the stock disconnector back in my g17 until I could find out the true legalities.
    There's a cautionary article by Ayoob you could probably find on line, originally in some gun magazine a month or so ago. He details several cases where altering manufacturer's specs in guns or hand-loading have caused legal problems in SD cases. So, it's not illegal but can be a problem after an incident and would make any civil suit easier for a claim of negligence. I leave my guns as I got them from manufacturer. For a Glock I used to own I had a NY1 trigger put in, a factory add-on for a stronger (not weaker) trigger-pull and had it done by certified Glock Armorer just in case.

    Ayoob's article is "word to the wise". I'd heed it.

  11. #56
    Senior Member Array dripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    619
    Like I always said "a good shoot is a good shoot", despite other findings.
    One more step and it's on!

  12. #57
    Senior Member Array Ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Skysoldier, modified my trigger to make it easier to shoot people. .
    really?... i mod mine to make them safer to all the bystanders to ensure all my hits are on target...

  13. #58
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    IMHO it's a non issue in a SD shooting,the question will be were you legally justified in shooting the perpetrator.
    The only scenarios I would think it would come into play is in a civil suit where you had a ND that killed or injured somebody,a lawyer will be pointing out that the lighter trigger made the trigger easier to pull and that negligence in installing the trigger is the reason these children will never see their Daddy again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  14. #59
    Member Array glockfan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    The firearms expert who examines the gun after the shooting. They will then send a report to the police and prosecutors office as to the findings.
    that a lie, they do a ballistic test to match the bullet fired to the gun that it , they dont field strip your gun and check the internal parts

  15. #60
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan23 View Post
    that a lie, they do a ballistic test to match the bullet fired to the gun that it , they dont field strip your gun and check the internal parts
    This is what I have been waiting to hear answered. Are there any cases of self defense when this detailed testing has been preformed? The only testing that I have ever heard of is the ballistic testing to make sure that it is the right weapon.

    Michael

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock 19 3.5 lb trigger
,
glock 2.5 lb connector
,
glock 27 3.5lb trigger
,
glock 3.5 connector for carry
,
glock 3.5 disconnector
,

glock 4.5 connector

,

glock disconnector

,
glock disconnector 3.5
,
glock factory 3.5 connector
,
glock factory 4.5 lb connector
,
glock oem 3.5 connector
,
the complete book of handguns 2012 courtroom minefield
Click on a term to search for related topics.