What should be my next gun:) What would you buy?

This is a discussion on What should be my next gun:) What would you buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You need a Kahr in your arsenal... PM45 would be my choice based on your requirements, or an MK40. Might be able to pick up ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What should be my next gun:) What would you buy?

You need a Kahr in your arsenal... PM45 would be my choice based on your requirements, or an MK40.

Might be able to pick up a S&W 442/642 as well.

2. Remove Ads

SP101. They are so versatile you can't go wrong. Choose from 3" bbl or 2", spurred or bobbed hammer, wide variety of grips available to fit your hand and needs, and a wide range of ammo loads between .38 and .357 that you can find anything from mild to wild for both practice and carry. They're almost like buying a tailor made suit.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

A good S&W j-frame is hard to beat also. In an airweight, I'd go 38+p. My 442 is a frequent carrier. I put some old Chief's Special wooden grips on mine and it fits my hand like an old pair of work gloves.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    Whats the asking price range for these guns?
    Average is around 875.00 to 900.00
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have narrowed my search for a new gun to three: Ruger LCR 357, Ruger SP101, or Ruger LC9. Good luck on your search. I don't think you can go wrong with a Springfield Armory weapon either.

What Rollo said

and/or

what ret said

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

You need a 22 for fun and a revolver because every gun guy must have a revolver.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have owned several guns in the range you specified. The first question is what you will use the weapon for - CCW or plinking/fun? Next, aside from 9mm what are you comfortable shooting? I just picked up an M&P .45c. It was $549 + tax. It has a 4-inch barrel, is accurate, reliable, and conceable. I also love my sig 2022. You can get it in .40 S&W. The FNX-45 is another intriguing choice but less conceable IMO. One other option you may consider is .357 sig. You can pick up an M&P .40c and purchase a .357 sig barrel allowing you to essentially have two guns. One other reason why I stuck with the M&P .45 is that the M&P is fairly easy to tinker with. Apex Tactical makes some great products to improve the trigger and several smiths work om the to make yours one of a kind. Good luck.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

Ruger sp101 is a great gun I have one with the 3 inch barrel it's a sweet shooter

Brobud if your gonna look at the lc9 look at a kahr as well in my opinion much better gun the trigger is sooooo long on the lc9 but the trigger on the kahr is sweat

Kahr CW 9 or a TP45

Or a Chiappa Rhino.

Springfield Armory Range Officer!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of Rugers SP101....but a S&W Model 19 .357 mag. would sure be fun to own.

I just bought a SP101 earlier this month. I got the 3" .357 and I'm glad I did. Sweet little gun well under your price range. Which is good, because there is a huge range of .38 and .357. Going from a Glock 19 to the SP101 at the range has been a lot of fun. I recommend it.

Springfield Armory Lightweight Champion Operator....it will cure your itch for a 1911 for a long time....actually I have yet to find one under $1,500 that I liked better. Excellent light weight carry 1911, and for a non-1911 guy like myself, a real treat to take to the range when I can. Some day when I grow up, I just might carry the thing as my EDC.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links