What should be my next gun:) What would you buy? - Page 3

What should be my next gun:) What would you buy?

This is a discussion on What should be my next gun:) What would you buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like you need to look at a Colt Government model like the one Glockman10mm got, he loves his gun and has nothing but good ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What should be my next gun:) What would you buy?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to look at a Colt Government model like the one Glockman10mm got, he loves his gun and has nothing but good things to say about it. He's got a couple of threads on here about it. I'm pretty sure he paid less than $900 for it.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    My post wasn't to detract from yours Zonker. You posted a really nice looking pistola as well. I'll have to check it out.

If it was me I'd prolly pick up a couple of these. But please forgive me...lately I've been in a Vietnam/Afghan War- Russian kick....still the Makarov is a solid piece!parker_flash.jpg
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I would consider a revolver of sorts. A snub nosed revolver would make a nice addition. Honestly though, I would get another Glock 9mm. Probably a 26 if you don't have one or a 19 if you don't have one.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Man! I like the looks of that! I am going to have to research that weapon more!!
    NRA Member
    XD 9 EDC
    Ruger LC9 with Crimson Laser BUG
    Marlin 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    My post wasn't to detract from yours Zonker. You posted a really nice looking pistola as well. I'll have to check it out.
    there are so many good ones to choose from....Colt Commander is a true classic and a great choice as well.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

this new offering from Umarex is a dead ringer for the SA Champion Operator......for around $500. Not yet available, but looks very nice for the money.

Regent R350CR 1911 from Umarex - SHOT Show - YouTube
    tashunkwitko likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    This is for carry...I would never carry a .22, which is why I wont buy one:)
    Sure, it's your decision. But you did ask. I was considering that since you already have several carry guns you might enjoy branching out a little.

I was responding to the question in the thread's title with the reply that I would give.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    You apparently still haven't addressed the issue of not having a 1911 and the .357 Magnum revolver is a nice change from what you already have.

You simply cannot go wrong with a good quality .22 pistol. You're really missing out if you don't have at least one .22 pistol. Once you got a .22 pistol you will wonder how you ever got along without one.

Browning Buck Mark
    Browning Firearms Finder

That number 11 Buck Mark Plus UDX shown in the link really grabs me!

Ruger Mark III
    Ruger® MarkIII™ Rimfire Pistols

I like that target model Mark III in blue finish.

Smith & Wesson
    .22 LR Rimfire - Smith & Wesson

I don't know a thing about S&W's various Model 22s. They seem a bit cheapo just to look at them but may be a great value. The Model 41 though is a premium pistol. I'd love to have one.
    You must have misread. He is looking for a CCW.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

SP101

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Sure, it's your decision. But you did ask. I was considering that since you already have several carry guns you might enjoy branching out a little.

I was responding to the question in the thread's title with the reply that I would give.
    Im with BMC,you need a 22.Everyone needs a 22. Then getcha your 357. 800-900 well spent.I've got the ruger 22/45 target model-its amazingly accurate. Sand W 357 for carry. There,done deal.
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    this new offering from Umarex is a dead ringer for the SA Champion Operator......for around $500. Not yet available, but looks very nice for the money.

Regent R350CR 1911 from Umarex - SHOT Show - YouTube
    That looks like a bad lil 1911! How do they shoot and is a quality gun? I gonna have to research these! Cool video
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Sig P229. Done.

New member, Louisville Ky , just picked up a Sig C3 exclusive from Shooters supply here in Louisville. Crimson Trace grips ,mag well & night sites all for $800.00 The store says they are the only ones who have this piece in this configuration.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar

Next Gun

There are a lot of good ideas from this group but let me add my two cents worth or collect the information that everyone said. I am bias to Springfield products as I own a loaded hi-cap 1911 it has a capacity of 13+1 for $550.Like everyones says you should own a revolver if you can only afford one it should be a 357 this will give you the opinion of using 38s.
    Same goes with 1911's I am no expert but I would start out with an entry model and tweak it to your liking.What I mean don't go buy a used 1911 that been all tricked out for someone else you won't be happy with it.This is one pistol that I'll
    never understand that you need to shoot several hundred rounds ore at least two hundred rounds through it before the pistol considered reliable.Don't let anyone tell you don't shoot steel casings out of a 1911's what to hell do you think Uncle
    Sam supplied the Greast Generation soldiers with Brass,Copper no there was shortages so like everyone else we use one metal we had the most of steel.

When it comes to carrying in warm weather I carry my s+w bodyguard 5 shot 38spl revolver and for backup ruger 380 lcp
    for a grand total of 11 rounds.In the winter glock 17 ;17 in the mag one in the pipe total 18 rounds and I carry one round just in case. I plan on purchasing a couple of speedloaders and a couple of mags when the price becomes reasonable.

There's no right or wrong you should be listening to your body when you handle the pistol or revolver that you put in your hand.Pick what you can afford to shoot often because if buy a carry gun and don't use it that's the biggest crime because you need to develop muscle memory and so when you shoot in your 21 foot circle your skill level is deadly keeping everyone safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links