Get that Must Have Gun SOONER rather than Later

This is a discussion on Get that Must Have Gun SOONER rather than Later within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by genauwiedu Worse case if inflation goes insane I have a number of high credit line cards with no balances I can use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Get that Must Have Gun SOONER rather than Later

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    Worse case if inflation goes insane I have a number of high credit line cards with no balances I can use if I need something.
    Yep - and the good thing is that in times of high inflation, you can pay your credit card back more easily because the inflation will erode your debt. However, I suspect if we ever hit a point of rapid inflation, credit card companies would pretty much shut down everyone's credit.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude
    Investing in my home has always been a great idea until the last 4 years. I lost $50K on the house I just sold (it was paid off, so it wasn't a mortgage issue)
    Same issue here. That is why I decided to just stay here and build onto my house. I know the value will go back up eventually. Fortunately for me I have several things working to my advantage. This house was once sort of out by itself. But the last few years there have been million dollar homes going up all around and whole new neighborhoods being built around me. They are even re-doing the streets to cement with curbs and drainage and everything. My house is just a modest home, valued at $120,000. But I expect the change of neighborhood will only improve that. So I feel pretty confident to invest in it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

2. Remove Ads

Kennedy has already said he won't retire while Obama is in office. Of course a sudden change in health could change that decision.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Anybody here who is an investor managing portfolios and tracking the financial press knows a couple of things:

1. We need inflation right now. Badly.
    2. Controlled inflation is good.
    3. Government spending to stimulate the economy has been restrained - it should be much more.
    4. Austerity measures kill recoveries (see Great Britain).
    5. Buying gold is not smart unless you do it as a hedge.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Today was an incredible up day in the market thanks to several initiatives. This year may presage a bull run, a view held by many at TheStreet.com and elsewhere. People without skin in the game don't seem to grasp what's going on very well and that's understandable.

The key takeaway to bear in mind is that Democratic administrations tend to produce excellent markets, and republican presidencies (like Bush's) tend to be total disasters. I know that isn't what the rank and file like to hear, but we're seeing the proof played out once gain. Good luck to the investors out there and play your bets wisely.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I am shallow. I buy guns any chance I get. Inflation is no good, but it has no bearing on when I do or do not buy guns. If I have the money, I buy. If not, I don't. All depends on how creative I get when it comes to smuggling them into the house under the wife's VERY watchful eye. For some odd reason, she seems a bit distrustful when guns and finances are in the same purview......

RKM
    I recently decided I want a SBR Draco. I don't know if it's a "must have". I have most of my must have's. Ammo... now that's what I need.

^ always need more ammo and more hi-cap magazines.

You can't eat money or drink oil. I think investing in some good arable land with a clean water source may be also a good idea.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Anybody here who is an investor managing portfolios and tracking the financial press knows a couple of things:

3. Government spending to stimulate the economy has been restrained - it should be much more.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Today was an incredible up day in the market thanks to several initiatives. This year may presage a bull run, a view held by many at TheStreet.com and elsewhere. People without skin in the game don't seem to grasp what's going on very well and that's understandable.

The key takeaway to bear in mind is that Democratic administrations tend to produce excellent markets, and republican presidencies (like Bush's) tend to be total disasters. I know that isn't what the rank and file like to hear, but we're seeing the proof played out once gain. Good luck to the investors out there and play your bets wisely.
    Excellent post shockwave. The truth hurts! I agree with all your points, becoz from an economics standpoint they are correct. Point #3 is one that tends to get lost amid the confusion and and politicking.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post

1. No. Inflation = rising prices... this might benefit the seller, but NOT the consumer. Look at Weimar Germany, Zimbabwe, Argentina, the US under Carter, etc. and tell me inflation is good.
    2. Deflation is the healthy and normal response to an economic downturn, resetting the economy and setting the stage for solid growth. Inflation results from poor policy decisions, usually intended to keep a failed boom going.
    3. What is the limit? The government could print up 10 trillion per year to spend, would that solve our problems? If it did, why would anyone ever be poor anywhere?
    4. See the "depression" of 1920, where the gov did nothing and the economy recovered in 1 year, vs. the great depression where they did everything they could and the doldrums lasted for years. Same with Japan and their "lost decade".
    5. Precious metals are money, as opposed to paper which is merely currency. Money retains its value over time, whereas currency is valued at the whims of the politicians, or in our case, the banks. I'd feel comfortable keeping a shoebox of gold and silver coins for the future... would you feel comfortable stockpiling Federal Reserve Notes?

Please note that Republican and Democrat economic policies are not that different- they squabble over which way the government should do things, but never consider that the government should not do those things. Most importantly, remember that money is 1/2 of every economic transaction, and that both parties love to run the printing press to fund their endeavors. This is the key issue.
    Last edited by UpTheIrons69; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links