glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp - Page 2

glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

This is a discussion on glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock As Spec said the first thing people realize is how much better the grip angle is, and how the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    As Spec said the first thing people realize is how much better the grip angle is, and how the M&P feels in your hand. Then they get one and shoot it and realize they are boring reliable, and so the sickness begins. Buy with confidence......
    Now thats a funny a** quote. You made my coffee shoot out my nostrils! dang it...my desk is a mess!
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Would you like to elaborate on that tash

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I own all 3 of those pistols.

You can't go wrong with an M&P.

I have been shooting Glocks for a long time, but wanted to check them out so got a M&P 9 full size.

I was so impressed I later went out and got the M&P 9c.

I am going to ring them out a couple more times at the range and if all still goes well, get some holsters.

Who knows, they might put my glocks on the bench...........
    Bark'n likes this.

its not how the gun feels in your hand, but how it shoots.....and the reason I still carry my Glock 19 as my EDC (have several M&P's including the 9C).

This gentleman brings out the full potential of Glocks and why he chooses them over every other pistol for carry:
    Glock 19 Draw & Shoot - YouTube
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    its not how the gun feels in your hand, but how it shoots.....and the reason I still carry my Glock 19 as my EDC (have several M&P's including the 9C).

This gentleman brings out the full potential of Glocks and why he chooses them over every other pistol for carry:
    Glock 19 Draw & Shoot - YouTube
    I like Hickok45 and am one of his channel subscribers, but I fail to see what that video proves. There are plenty of shooters better than Hickok45 and shoot their chosen platform better than he shoots his Glock.

Personally I feel all things considered, both the Glock and the M&P are pretty much on a level playing field. I've shot Glocks for over a dozen years. I've only had my M&P a couple of weeks, but already it is quickly taking over any affinity I may have had for my Glock.

It comes down to personal preference, but whether you go with Glock or M&P you're not going to go wrong.

Right now, Glock is having some issues, which is why I went with the M&P 9 full size over the Gen 4 G-19. But I have no doubt Glock will get things worked out, and I doubt that have bought my last Glock either. I do know, that I will without a doubt end up getting a M&P 9c to go along with my full size later on down the road.

M&P had a few growing pains early on, but right now, they are running top notch and at the top of their game. I'd venture to say that present incarnations of M&P are every bit as reliable as Glock was before they started having their present day reliability issues.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Both Glocks and M&P's are great guns. Glock's are an old school plastic pistol and M&P's are the future of plastic pistols. I've shot and handled quite a few Glocks but they never felt "right" for me. The first time I held and shot an M&P9 it was like the first time I held and shot a Sig P226, they were made for me. YMMV
    Bark'n likes this.

Choose between G19 and MP? Do I even have to say get both?.....

Love my M&P

with the current state of Glock,i'd grab the M&P.it's by far the better choice at this time..

Senior Moderator
    Given the current state of Glock and having owned an M&P with the DCEAK and RAM kit for some 5 years or so, I just had to have a G22 gen 4 and G17 Gen 4. So I got them and have no regrets. Probably gonna be upgrading my other gen 3s to gen 4s. I like everything about a Glock better than the M&P. I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like the feel of a M&P grip.

I like the Gen 4s a lot better than the gen 3s.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

M&p. Even if they are close as far as which you like better s&w is American made! Nuff' said!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    M&p. Even if they are close as far as which you like better s&w is American made! Nuff' said!
    What part of M&P's are made is America? Is it the barrel? The slide stop? The recoil springs? The firing pin?

My point is NOTHING is really "Made in America" these days. Most US Glocks were made in good 'ol Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Given the current state of Glock and having owned an M&P with the DCEAK and RAM kit for some 5 years or so, I just had to have a G22 gen 4 and G17 Gen 4. So I got them and have no regrets. Probably gonna be upgrading my other gen 3s to gen 4s. I like everything about a Glock better than the M&P. I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like the feel of a M&P grip.

I like the Gen 4s a lot better than the gen 3s.
    I must be the only other person who agrees with you about M&P ergos. I also really, really hate the M&P trigger.

I haven't given the Gen 4s much consideration, however, I am thinking about getting my first Gen 4 soon. (The Gen 4 G32 is finally out). Buying a Gen 4 G23 and swapping my LWD .357 SIG barrel would work, too.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    with the current state of Glock,i'd grab the M&P.it's by far the better choice at this time..
    Smart man!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nice pistol that M&P. I got the full size 9 and it is a really nice shooter. I have the .45c on my sights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links