Defensive Carry banner

glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

5K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  Spec 
#1 ·
so i went to Whiteman AFB today to buy a couple new guns. i was going to buy a 19 and an lcp. well they didnt have a 19 instead they had the m&p9 i held it for the first time and i got to say it feels so much better than the glock. i like the controls and the grip angle is so natural. being only 3 oz. more i think i might go for it. whats your opinions? and i didnt end up with the lcp. even though i payed off my starcard i guess they forgot to tell me it takes 24hrs to process. so tomorrow i will be going back for the lcp. also i thought it weird that on a military instillation the glocks were around $600. i guess they dont honor the leo/military pricing on glocks. but the lcp was a good deal at $300.

#3 ·
I love my 9c, wouldn't trade it for anything. I keep wanting to add a 19 to my collection, after hearing all of the hype. But every time I'm in a GS I have to pick it up, and every time, I put it back down. Just not the gun for me. But it is for thousands of other people. Buy what feels best in your hand.

#4 ·
PORP what holster do you carry it in. o i was mad when i got there. i drove an hour to get there to find out the woman on the phone taking my payment either didnt care for didnt know about the 24hr thing. the m&p was about $550. i like carrying owb i dont tuck my shirts in and i have a big chest and back so my shirts just drape over the owb gun to conceal really easy. and i love leather i have gotten pretty good at dealing with kydex so please dont suggest any kydex. thanks guys for the input

#6 ·
i was going to get a shoulder holster for my next gun but i got to thinkin and here in missouri it has been in the 50s and 60s for the last couple weeks and i dont think ill be able to where the shoulder holster very much this year. i make my own iwb holsters like the crossbreeds they might not be as good looking if you could call them that but they only cost me $10 to make so i can easily make one for all my guns and have. but owb is my favorite and i am in need of advice on what works for you guys and what didnt work. thanks guys

#9 ·
After having a Glock-23 for over 12 years I was really wanting a Glock-19. After I researched and got to handle an M&P 9 this is what I got.

No regrets and haven't looked back. So far it's bee an awesome gun, and fits my hand probably 70% better than Glock.

#12 ·
As Spec said the first thing people realize is how much better the grip angle is, and how the M&P feels in your hand. Then they get one and shoot it and realize they are boring reliable, and so the sickness begins. Buy with confidence......

#18 ·
I own all 3 of those pistols.

You can't go wrong with an M&P.

I have been shooting Glocks for a long time, but wanted to check them out so got a M&P 9 full size.

I was so impressed I later went out and got the M&P 9c.

I am going to ring them out a couple more times at the range and if all still goes well, get some holsters.

Who knows, they might put my glocks on the bench...........

#20 ·
I like Hickok45 and am one of his channel subscribers, but I fail to see what that video proves. There are plenty of shooters better than Hickok45 and shoot their chosen platform better than he shoots his Glock.

Personally I feel all things considered, both the Glock and the M&P are pretty much on a level playing field. I've shot Glocks for over a dozen years. I've only had my M&P a couple of weeks, but already it is quickly taking over any affinity I may have had for my Glock.

It comes down to personal preference, but whether you go with Glock or M&P you're not going to go wrong.

Right now, Glock is having some issues, which is why I went with the M&P 9 full size over the Gen 4 G-19. But I have no doubt Glock will get things worked out, and I doubt that have bought my last Glock either. I do know, that I will without a doubt end up getting a M&P 9c to go along with my full size later on down the road.

M&P had a few growing pains early on, but right now, they are running top notch and at the top of their game. I'd venture to say that present incarnations of M&P are every bit as reliable as Glock was before they started having their present day reliability issues.

#21 ·
Both Glocks and M&P's are great guns. Glock's are an old school plastic pistol and M&P's are the future of plastic pistols. I've shot and handled quite a few Glocks but they never felt "right" for me. The first time I held and shot an M&P9 it was like the first time I held and shot a Sig P226, they were made for me. YMMV:biggrin2:

#25 ·
Given the current state of Glock and having owned an M&P with the DCEAK and RAM kit for some 5 years or so, I just had to have a G22 gen 4 and G17 Gen 4. So I got them and have no regrets. Probably gonna be upgrading my other gen 3s to gen 4s. I like everything about a Glock better than the M&P. I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like the feel of a M&P grip.

I like the Gen 4s a lot better than the gen 3s.

#28 ·
I must be the only other person who agrees with you about M&P ergos. I also really, really hate the M&P trigger.

I haven't given the Gen 4s much consideration, however, I am thinking about getting my first Gen 4 soon. (The Gen 4 G32 is finally out). Buying a Gen 4 G23 and swapping my LWD .357 SIG barrel would work, too. :wink:

#32 ·
I considered the M&P while searching for my first handgun. I held the glock and loved it, then held the M&P and hated it. I'd ask to have them put on the different backstraps on both guns before you buy because it makes a huge difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.