glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

This is a discussion on glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AZ Hawk I must be the only other person who agrees with you about M&P ergos. I also really, really hate the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I must be the only other person who agrees with you about M&P ergos. I also really, really hate the M&P trigger.
    Hmmm, it's good to know it's not just me. And yep the M&P trigger is pathetic. Even with a $150 DCEAK and RAM kits it's not as good as a Glock. Did I mention the front sight fell out of my M&P?

I had an M&P .45 full size. It recoiled so hard; after I shot it the last time (range ammo), I traded it for a 1911 I think it was. OTOH, my G21 shoots like a 9mm. I took it to Blackwater and put 2500 rounds through it in 5 days. No problems at all.

...I haven't given the Gen 4s much consideration, however, I am thinking about getting my first Gen 4 soon. (The Gen 4 G32 is finally out). Buying a Gen 4 G23 and swapping my LWD .357 SIG barrel would work, too.
    I resisted and resisted the gen 4 - problematic, why change, etc. Then I succumbed and bought a G22 gen 4. I must have got one after all the fixes were in place - wow! I liked it so well, the next week I traded my G17 gen 3 for a G17 Gen 4 - no regrets whatsoever.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

I considered the M&P while searching for my first handgun. I held the glock and loved it, then held the M&P and hated it. I'd ask to have them put on the different backstraps on both guns before you buy because it makes a huge difference
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Hmmm, it's good to know it's not just me. And yep the M&P trigger is pathetic. Even with a $150 DCEAK and RAM kits it's not as good as a Glock. Did I mention the front sight fell out of my M&P?

I had an M&P .45 full size. It recoiled so hard; after I shot it the last time (range ammo), I traded it for a 1911 I think it was. OTOH, my G21 shoots like a 9mm. I took it to Blackwater and put 2500 rounds through it in 5 days. No problems at all.
    I'd rate the M&P trigger as one of the worst all time triggers based solely on the fact that the reset distance is never the same. And, I like my Glock triggers as much as I like 1911 triggers because they have all been smooth after 500 rounds with a consistent break point, and the reset is always at the same place, and you can feel and hear it.

I resisted and resisted the gen 4 - problematic, why change, etc. Then I succumbed and bought a G22 gen 4. I must have got one after all the fixes were in place - wow! I liked it so well, the next week I traded my G17 gen 3 for a G17 Gen 4 - no regrets whatsoever.
    Hmm, I definitely won't allow myself to trade any of my Gen 3's for Gen 4's since they've all been utterly flawless (minus the few face ejection hiccups I had, but they have been solved), but I'm definitely wanting a Gen 4 G32 for my outdoors/wilderness gun.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Senior Moderator
    ...Hmm, I definitely won't allow myself to trade any of my Gen 3's for Gen 4's since they've all been utterly flawless (minus the few face ejection hiccups I had, but they have been solved), but I'm definitely wanting a Gen 4 G32 for my outdoors/wilderness gun.
    Uh huh - you wait 'til you get that G32 gen 4 in your hands and shoot it some - then we'll see. LOL.

I bought my G22 Gen 4 for 'my outdoors/wilderness gun', although, I'll probably put a .357 sig barrel in it. Or, trade my M&P for a G31 gen 4. Boy, I'll take a beating on that though, 'cause it's got a DCEAK and RAM kit in it. Still, to get a G31 Gen 4....
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Uh huh - you wait 'til you get that G32 gen 4 in your hands and shoot it some - then we'll see. LOL.

I bought my G22 Gen 4 for 'my outdoors/wilderness gun', although, I'll probably put a .357 sig barrel in it. Or, trade my M&P for a G31 gen 4. Boy, I'll take a beating on that though, 'cause it's got a DCEAK and RAM kit in it. Still, to get a G31 Gen 4....
    I hear ya. I'm actually considering just getting a G23 rather than wait for the G32. (I have the 4" conversion barrel, and I don't feel like buying another one at 4.25!") It's impossible to know when those will actually come out. Plus, I like to get the frame Cerakoted for enhanced grip, and the place that does it around here usually takes about a week unless they have one in stock already. However, with the Gen 4 that may not be necessary.

Oh well, I've got a few guns I need to clear out of the safe... Gen 4, here I come!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    What part of M&P's are made is America? Is it the barrel? The slide stop? The recoil springs? The firing pin?

My point is NOTHING is really "Made in America" these days. Most US Glocks were made in good 'ol Georgia.
    ^This seems to be off base. I just watched an episode of American Rifleman TV and The M&P was the pistol that the host went to see get made.... S&W makes there products in house... as in USA MADE..
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links