glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

This is a discussion on glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so i went to Whiteman AFB today to buy a couple new guns. i was going to buy a 19 and an lcp. well they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

glock 19 m&p9 and an lcp

so i went to Whiteman AFB today to buy a couple new guns. i was going to buy a 19 and an lcp. well they didnt have a 19 instead they had the m&p9 i held it for the first time and i got to say it feels so much better than the glock. i like the controls and the grip angle is so natural. being only 3 oz. more i think i might go for it. whats your opinions? and i didnt end up with the lcp. even though i payed off my starcard i guess they forgot to tell me it takes 24hrs to process. so tomorrow i will be going back for the lcp. also i thought it weird that on a military instillation the glocks were around $600. i guess they dont honor the leo/military pricing on glocks. but the lcp was a good deal at $300.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Aren't you suppose to get a deal? Glocks around here retail $549.00 then they offer discounts to LE or military. Hope your card gets processed so you can make your decision tomorrow.

I love my 9c, wouldn't trade it for anything. I keep wanting to add a 19 to my collection, after hearing all of the hype. But every time I'm in a GS I have to pick it up, and every time, I put it back down. Just not the gun for me. But it is for thousands of other people. Buy what feels best in your hand.

PORP what holster do you carry it in. o i was mad when i got there. i drove an hour to get there to find out the woman on the phone taking my payment either didnt care for didnt know about the 24hr thing. the m&p was about $550. i like carrying owb i dont tuck my shirts in and i have a big chest and back so my shirts just drape over the owb gun to conceal really easy. and i love leather i have gotten pretty good at dealing with kydex so please dont suggest any kydex. thanks guys for the input

I mainly carry in a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Wonderful holster as many others will attest to. I do want an OWB pancake style holster for my 1911 though, and I'm thinking about going with UBG.

i was going to get a shoulder holster for my next gun but i got to thinkin and here in missouri it has been in the 50s and 60s for the last couple weeks and i dont think ill be able to where the shoulder holster very much this year. i make my own iwb holsters like the crossbreeds they might not be as good looking if you could call them that but they only cost me $10 to make so i can easily make one for all my guns and have. but owb is my favorite and i am in need of advice on what works for you guys and what didnt work. thanks guys

Bought my MP9 and MP9c, sold my G19 and G26....never looked back. Better fit, better gun for me.
    Bark'n and Mattmann like this.

sgb
    M&P
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

After having a Glock-23 for over 12 years I was really wanting a Glock-19. After I researched and got to handle an M&P 9 this is what I got.

No regrets and haven't looked back. So far it's bee an awesome gun, and fits my hand probably 70% better than Glock.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Get th M&P better fit and feel is what alot of people say after handling both... we have 6 close family and friends who own M&P's and we all love them...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

M&P!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    As Spec said the first thing people realize is how much better the grip angle is, and how the M&P feels in your hand. Then they get one and shoot it and realize they are boring reliable, and so the sickness begins. Buy with confidence......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Ok, Okay you guys twisted my arm on this gun, lol, now I need the mp9 or 9c to complement my mp15- love that dang rifle, so I can just imagine how solid thatsidearm is.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

If you go with the M&P, I highly recommend the DCAEK
    Bark'n and tashunkwitko like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Thanks for the replies. I have decided on the m&p the grip is more of a 1911good style than the glock pointing the glock would make me have to retrain so now on to the holsters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links