Glock 19 or Springfield XDm 3.8

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or Springfield XDm 3.8 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was pondering about getting a new 9mm, which one would you rather have and why?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 19 or Springfield XDm 3.8

Glock 19 or Springfield XDm 3.8

Was pondering about getting a new 9mm, which one would you rather have and why?
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Springfield IMO long as you ask much better weapon Glocks ok but over rated and priced

I have both. It's all about personal preference. o to your local range & rent both to decide what feels comfortable to you.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

I've owned XDm's.

I own Glocks.

The XDm offers absolutely no improvements over a G19, except a higher price.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Senior Moderator
    Try to find a place that rents both, and shoot them both. Go with the one you shoot best.
    Toorop likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Try to find a place that rents both, and shoot them both. Go with the one you shoot best.
    ^ This. +1.

Oh, and it's way too soon for Groundhog Day. ---> NEEDING HELP!!!! G19 or the XDm 9mm 3.8

I used to be a clock hater I see the allure begin them. I like the XD better for simple reason they aren't AS trendy and mainstream... They are basically the same though IMO
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

there's actually another thread comparing these same two guns currently running right now. in my opinion the XDM is a much better gun. it has a supported chamber so you have a lower likelyhood of a KaBoom. the trigger, although similar, is just a little smoother than the glock. the ergos(which are entirely subjective) are a way better fit for my hands than glock. the XDM .45 compact that is now my go to gun for CCW is the most accurate compact I have ever fired. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn with a glock 19.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

+1 on TSiWRX and MattInFla

Tons of content on exact same subject in another active thread, go check it out.

Good luck on your decision!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    there's actually another thread comparing these same two guns currently running right now. in my opinion the XDM is a much better gun. it has a supported chamber so you have a lower likelyhood of a KaBoom. the trigger, although similar, is just a little smoother than the glock. the ergos(which are entirely subjective) are a way better fit for my hands than glock. the XDM .45 compact that is now my go to gun for CCW is the most accurate compact I have ever fired. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn with a glock 19.
    KaBooms are astronomically rare... I've put 50,000 rounds through various Glocks without any "KaBooms." And I know a few "coaches" who have put over 500,000 rounds through Glocks without any "KaBooms." This is a non-factor.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

^^^ most of the accounts I've seen are from guys who were either shooting home reloads or shooting unknown ammo that someone else had given them, I've read about at least half a dozen in the last year, but I will agree, with how many glocks out there it is a very rare phenomenon.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    Was pondering about getting a new 9mm, which one would you rather have and why?
    I personally like the M&P9 better then both.

GLOCK!!! Hands down.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The glock has a lower bore axis, so it is easier to handle its recoil. I would suggest the M&P also...awesome gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    The glock has a lower bore axis, so it is easier to handle its recoil.
    To be honest I don't know about the lower bore axis etc. but being able to handle it's recoil better varies from person to person. I own both glocks and xd's/xd'ms. For me personally it's the opposite. The glock is more snappy and the springfields are much easier to handle and smoother shooting for me. This is one of those things that not one person can tell you which is better. We can tell you how reliable said guns have been. Which one has tighter tolerances etc. But you won't know which one is better for you until you shoot both.

so +1 for those that said to go rent them or find some friends that have them and go out and shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links