Anyone have a Charter .22lr snubbie?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Charter .22lr snubbie? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for owner feedback on a current generation (2009 and newer) Charter Pathfinder 22lr with a 2" barrel. I've been reading over reviews, and ...

Thread: Anyone have a Charter .22lr snubbie?

I'm looking for owner feedback on a current generation (2009 and newer) Charter Pathfinder 22lr with a 2" barrel. I've been reading over reviews, and the common answers are mostly split between: "I hear that Charters suck!", and "I have one of their old ones from 1972, and it is great!" Supposedly, the latest incarnation of Charter has improved quality since purchasing the company. That's why I'm looking for feedback on a new one.

I really like snubbies, and want to have a relatively inexpensive .22 plinker for economical shooting at the range. I also EDC a S&W 642, so I want to practice shooting a snubbie (DA trigger and all), rather than a longer-barreled .22.

I'd forgotten how inexpensive .22lr ammo can be, and I go to the range enough that the cost of centerfire ammo really starts to add up.

*Not trying to start a flame war over .22lr effectiveness, or cheap guns vs expensive ones.

charter pathfinder .22lr.jpg

Don't know about Charter Arms .22's, and not trying to start a war over inexpensive vs expensive guns either, but are you aware that Ruger now makes the LCR in .22LR?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Don't know about Charter Arms .22's, and not trying to start a war over inexpensive vs expensive guns either, but are you aware that Ruger now makes the LCR in .22LR?
    I heard that they were making the SP101 in .22, but didn't know about the LCR. I'd like to give one of those a test drive.

I have an LCR .22 on lay away. $399. I think the SP101 in .22LR is quite a bit more expensive, but is an excellent gun I'm sure. I'm really anxious to pick up and try out the LCR. I have two LCR's already, both the .38 and the .357 (kicks like mule the .357 does). I love the LCR's for their trigger and light weight. Excellent revolvers. I'll be picking up the .22 within the next week.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I have an LCR .22 on lay away. $399. I think the SP101 in .22LR is quite a bit more expensive, but is an excellent gun I'm sure. I'm really anxious to pick up and try out the LCR. I have two LCR's already, both the .38 and the .357 (kicks like mule the .357 does). I love the LCR's for their trigger and light weight. Excellent revolvers. I'll be picking up the .22 within the next week.
    When I shoot .357 out of my LCR it feels like I am simultaneously stabbing myself in the hand with a bunch of little needles. I can't usually shoot more than a cylinder's worth.

I have one in my gun room,I use it to prop the door open

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    When I shoot .357 out of my LCR it feels like I am simultaneously stabbing myself in the hand with a bunch of little needles. I can't usually shoot more than a cylinder's worth.
    Same here. It stays loaded with .38+P
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I frequently carry the Taurus 605 or Taurus 85. So I got the Taurus model 94 in 22LR and 2" snub. I practice with the 94 (9 shot) and then about 10-20 rounds with the 38's.

I'm pleased with the 94. Trigger pull is long but I've gotten used to it and it's not near as bad as some people have claimed.
    USN Retired

I personally dont own any Charter Arms, but give it a try, and post how you like it. If it doesnt work well for you, there is always someone willing to buy it for the right price. I had the Taurus model 94, and although i liked how it felt in the hand, the cylinder would bind up after about 50 rounds, so i got rid of it. I now have a Smith and Wesson Model 18 in 22lR which is built like a tank. Good luck with your decision. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Sponsored Links