Emp 9mm vs Glock

Emp 9mm vs Glock

This is a discussion on Emp 9mm vs Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know it's up to feel and style. Each shooters hand are different etc. but am I giving up accuracy going with an emp over ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Emp 9mm vs Glock

Emp 9mm vs Glock

I know it's up to feel and style. Each shooters hand are different etc. but am I giving up accuracy going with an emp over a Glock. Thanks. Tim

It would obviously depend on the model of Glock. I would not think you would lose any accuracy from a firearm stand point. I say get what you want and practice, practice, practice. The EMP is a little slimmer, vice the Glock. The EMP is also much more expensive than the Glock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I looked at both. Although the EMP is a fine piece, I decided to save myself $600 and go for the Glock. The gun shoots much better than I can shoot it.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

sgb
    EMP hands down choice for me
    Diddle likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

EMP's are very nice pistols, but would rather have two Glocks for the price.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I had a EMP 9mm and liked it fine; however, SA doesn't recommend the use of +P in the subcompact 1911's. The one I had displayed positive primer hits with standard pressure ammo, not so with +P.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have an EMP 9mm and it is more accurate that me However I would think that the EMP would be more accurate than the Glock just because it has a SA trigger where as the glock being DAO you would need more trigger control to be accurate. Don't get me wrong, the glock is a fine piece, but just stating my opinion. God Bless

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    A G36 in your hands would make the question moot.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Most All pistols are more accurate than most any shorter. And don't let a glock double action trigger scare you away they feel more like a single action than a double action . To me sight radius is very important yes longer is better , and compare the length of the barrel again longer is much better. Not all cases but in most cases it seems that a glock gives you a longer site radius and a longer barrel then the same size pistols in a different brand.

VIP Member
    Comparing a Glock and a 1911 style gun is like comparing apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they are both firearms.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Why not have both?

VIP Member
    I own both and in terms of accuracy in the same size barrel. There is no question, the EMP is more accurate for me. The trigger just blows away any Glock trigger stock or modified.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I would say that both guns are inherently more accurate than most shooters. If you do your part, the gun will almost certainly do it's part.

It's all a matter of how much effort you are willing to put in with any gun to become accurate and competent with that gun.

We all tend to want guns which fit our hands perfectly and all that. And today, with as many gun types and styles on the market that's certainly more possible today than say, 40 or 50 years ago. But the bottom line is, even with guns that don't fit your hand "just right," if you put in enough practice with the gun, you can overcome all that.

Decades ago, there was not nearly the variety of guns on the market as there are today with so many different grips, sizes, custom aftermarket grips, etc. If the gun didn't fit your hand just right, tough. You just had to work with it longer in order to master it. Especially for those in the military, or those who joined the ranks of law enforcement. You were limited to what was issued to you, and it was your job to learn how to shoot it satisfactorily.

When I was in swat, we had a huge choice (Glock 22 or a Glock 23). I had to work at learning to shoot a Glock accurately and adequately because for me, they just don't fit my hands as well as many other guns. After a dozen years of shooting the Glock, I became pretty decent with it.

Still, like everyone else... I naturally want a gun which fits my hand the best. Now that I'm not mandated in shooting only a Glock, my latest purchase ended up being the M&P instead of another Glock. But I still love and shoot Glocks.
    Last edited by Bark'n; February 2nd, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes, depends on how the gun feels but also if you want an SA type of trigger vs a striker type as in the Glocks. In regards to accuracy, for a small compact 9mm essentially for close range use, I don't think whether a gun that can group 2" vs 4" at 25yds is going to matter. As mentioned in previous posts, accuracy is most influenced by the shooter and the gun inherent things like trigger pull, sight radius, recoil properties. A gun with an SA trigger would be easier to shoot precisely.

Dimensions:
    EMP - L 6.6", H 5", W 1.11", wt 26oz, mag cap 9rd
    G26 - L 6.3", H 4.2", W 1.18", wt 19.8oz, mag cap 10rd (also use G19 and G17 mags for spares)
    G19 (also G23, G32) - L 6.85", H 5", W 1.18", wt 21.5oz, mag cap 15rd 9mm, 13rd .40 or .357

I've owned Colt 1911 .45s (Commander and Gold Cup) and that style of gun shoots very well. But I went to the darkside and to the practicality of Glocks for defense. Factors were cost, availability/commonality of spare parts (and ease of repair without custom fitting), availability of custom parts, record of dependability with the vast number of Glocks out there, and simplicity of action (especially with a family now - no more cocked/locked carry).

Do what I did, get both a Glock in 9mm and a Glock in .357Sig with a .40SW barrel (for near the price of an EMP). Or a G26 (or G19) and a G34 combo for the EMP price if you want to stick with 9mm. Really, the best thing is to try to get some range time with both if you can. $1200 is a lot of money to spend (along with accessories).

Many great points guys. I was told by many the Glock was really accurate an had low recoil. perfect for testing I need to take in a few months. I've been practicing with a Kimber .45 but was looking for a carry piece that would also be accurate... shooter aside.
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links