Defensive Carry banner

Narrowed it to two, M&P 45c or CW45

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Pistology 
#1 ·
I ordered a CW45 last week after doing a lot of research. While waiting for it to arrive I did a bunch more research. I know there have been some reliability issues, and I hear Kahr CS is good, but there is always the doubt in my mind. I do alot of shooting, mostly with my reloads, I want a gun that isn't too finicky, and doesn't take a lot of up keep.

Today I handeled a M&P 9c, and really liked it, if it was 45 I would have bought it. I've read nothing but good about these pistols, and I've kinda swayed in that direction. I talked to the shop owner, and he is fine with me not buying the pistol I ordered if it comes to that.

How closely does the 45c compare to the 9c in size? The 9c is very doable to me as far a CC. Is the Kahr the kind of gun that likes to be shot alot and can handle different kinds of reloads? Is the M&P a better do all pistol?

#5 ·
I would think the Smith would hold up better.
Yes, the .45 is very close to the 9c .40c in size.
I have the 9c, as does my brother and his sons GF.His son has a FS .40 and two people he works with have the 9, 1fs, and one FS I believe.
These pistols can shoot, and shoot all day if you want them to.
Nobody I know has had a problem with them.
Can't answer about the Kahr, but I think they are more than the $$550-600 or so for the Smith

#7 ·
Thanks for the pics Zonk. I've heard the G36 (which I had decided on for a bit) and the G19 are the same size? I once looked at the G36 and CW45 side by side. I liked the way the CW felt better, but the GLock had a slightly shorter heigth.

#9 ·
one of my EDC's is a Glock 36 with Trijicon night sights, and the G36 and G19 are very close in size. 4" barrel for the G19 vs 3.8" for the G36. Slides are pretty much the same width and most holsters will accept either pistol. Main difference is the width of the frame....G36 is much thinner since its a single stack.

Its a tough call when looking at the Kahr CW45 and the Glock 36. They are very similar with both single stacks with 6+1....barrel on the CW45 is 4" vs the 3.8" G36. CW45 has a tad bit longer grip.
Davidsons and Buds Gun Shop have the CW45 for around $360 which is about $200 less than the Glock. For the money, I'd go with the Kahr. Very nice pistol. My local GS sells the CW45 for $549 and uniformed shoppers pay it.

#12 ·
A couple of pictures of the 45c holstered for carry. Crossdraw. And 4 O'clock. The holster is a FIST Dave Spaulding in kydex with custom cant of 23 degrees (almost double the stock cant of 12 degrees). I'm 5'7" and 130 lbs. wet and don't summer CCW the .45c - though I haven't really tried (reference to my TN time not my current CA situation).

For my money, there's not a sweeter and more accurate .45 than the S&W M&P.

M&P45c - Compact
Overall length: 7.125"
Height (incl. mag): 4.8"
Width: 1.2"
Barrel length: 4"

S&W M&P Compact (9mm, 40, .357 sig)
Overall length: 6.7"
Height (incl. mag): 4.3"
Width: 1.2"
Barrel length: 3.5"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.