pocket pistol choice. - Page 4

pocket pistol choice.

This is a discussion on pocket pistol choice. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depends on your pockets Wifes S&W 38sp with laser not hard to carry at all 38 BodyGuard.JPG The Ruger LCP380 is a darn nice weapon ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: pocket pistol choice.

Depends on your pockets Wifes S&W 38sp with laser not hard to carry at all38 BodyGuard.JPG

The Ruger LCP380 is a darn nice weapon for it's size

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    Nice writeup there, 10thMtn!
    Thank you!

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    Caliber doesn't matter as long as its at least a 380 because a pea shooter is better than no shooter IMO. As far a revolver or semi auto I am open to that as Well as maybe a derringer if it would be effective.
    Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD 38 and BODYGUARD 380
    Gun Review: Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD 38 and BODYGUARD 380 | The Truth About Guns
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I've got the laundry list of questions.

1. Got a decent holster? A good holster makes a huge difference.

2. Got a gunbelt? If you're using a wimpy belt carrying just plain sucks.

3. How long have you been carrying? It takes awhile to get used to having a gun on your side. It can take a long while.

4. Do you carry daily or occasionally? The less often you carry extends the length of time to get used to carrying a larger heavier gun.

It took me almost 3 years to find the combo that really works for me. I carry only on weekends due to no carry laws at work. I started out with the gun I wanted to carry (G26). Bought an MTAC IWB holster. Made a good choice right out of the gate there. Takes a while to break in but very adjustable! Tried a couple of belts, used a Wilderness 5 stitch for a couple of years, worked good but kinda ugly. Now I'm using a 5.11 casual, tough as nails and looks like a normal belt. I give that one two thumbs up! I've added a set of Duluth trading suspenders recently since I have got no a**! Suspenders may not be for everybody,but I'm getting older and have no fashion style anyway!This setup allows me to carry a G17 with complete comfort.

I hope you put in the time and effort to make your G23 work for you. It's well worth the effort.

Obviously there are times when I can't carry one of my Glocks but I do if it's at all possible. When I can't I carry a Taurus TCP738 in my pocket. But it's not often.
    Question Everything!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links