pocket pistol choice.

This is a discussion on pocket pistol choice. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a glock 23 in june and i absolutly love it. with that being said i hardly ever carry it because its like having ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: pocket pistol choice.

pocket pistol choice.

I purchased a glock 23 in june and i absolutly love it. with that being said i hardly ever carry it because its like having a brick on my side. so i need something ALOT smaller that i can carry every day. any good choices that want break the bank?

2. Remove Ads

Keltec pf9. Got one with the pocket clip and Crimson trace grip and love it. Regardless of many complaints mine has worked top notch.

you are going to get the "use the search" reply.......and the questions of do you want an auto or a revolver.....what cal do want?? and some will ask if you got a good holster and belt???

my vote is for the Ruger LCR (38 or the 357) if you want a revolver and if an auto is what you seek, Kahr CM9, both are "pocket" guns or can be worn on the belt both are close to about 1 lb not to pricey and both are good quailty guns

Ruger LC9. I love mine for pocket carry and tucked IWB, which my M&Pc is just a little tto big to do with.

Not necessarily a "pocket pistol", but pretty close and easily concealable...Beretta Nano.
    phreddy likes this.

Caliber doesnt matter as long as its atleast a 380 because a pea shooter is better than no shooter IMO. As far a revolver or semi auto I am open to that as Well as maybe a deringer if it would be effective.

lots of good choices-if your looking for a true "pocket pistol" it's hard to beat the Ruger lcp..reliable,less then 9.50ozs and only $279-$299...if your looking for something in 9mm,take a look at the Kahr pm9,cm9 or even the cw series,all good choices..
    cmycek likes this.

There are a few choices you have when looking at pocket pistols. It is important to stay in the 9mm/38 spl or larger realm for performance reasons.

Baretta nano
    Keltec pf9
    Ruger lc9
    Ruger lcr
    Sig sauer p290

Walther PPS or the best choice IMO the sig p238. Or you could wait for the new sig p239, sweet! ! !

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Family first, that's why I carry.

My PPS has been my primary carry for three years, but to call it a pocket pistol is a stretch. If you're going to pocket carry a pps you'll need some good size pockets.

You dont have to go tiny to have a good comfortable pocket pistol. I'm 6'2'', 205 and comfortably pocket carry a G33. Don't even notice its there. Same size as the G26.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

my vote is for the Ruger LCR (38 or the 357) if you want a revolver and if an auto is what you seek, Kahr CM9, both are "pocket" guns or can be worn on the belt both are close to about 1 lb not to pricey and both are good quailty guns[/QUOTE]

Can't go wrong with the Kahr CM9
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I've had very good luck with the Ruger LCP.
    Diddle and ponchsox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StrattonG View Post
    Walther PPS or the best choice IMO the sig p238. Or you could wait for the new sig p239, sweet! ! !
    You mean P938? :)

Kahr CM or PM9 for the win
    Last edited by MsBattleBorn; February 3rd, 2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Oops
    zonker1986 likes this.

Well you already have a Glock 23 which is a .40 so take a look at the G27 same caliber and uses the same mags only it's smaller. If you want a 9mm I can pocket-carry my G26 in cargo shorts and cargo pants which is the same size as the G27, and when I can't CCW my G26 because of the way I'm dressed I CCW my Ruger .380 LCP.

But if you don't want the G23's little brother the G27 then here's some other choices to look at. Though YMWV

If you want to go with a .380 the Ruger LCP is the way to go. I'm sure most of the posters here have one.

If you want a 9mm checkout the Glock G26 same size as the G27 but in 9mm, Kel-Tec's PF9 is a good buy for the price, Ruger's LC9 cost a little more but has too many safety doodads for me YMWV, Karh's CM9 has too many issues for the price and their PM9 is even moe-money check um out at KahrTalk Forums - Powered by vBulletin under the PM and CM Series Pistols and read for yourself, and beretta doesn't spell naNO with an NO for nothing go checkout the cold shoulder it's getting at Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Also I think the best place to shop is at a gun show because just about anything your thinking about getting will be on someones table, you can compare them all side-by-side, and you'll be more likely to get the best price OTD too.

Happy Shopping!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links