Beretta Nano Ammo report.

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano Ammo report. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got back from the range with my new Nano.Read all the reports about cheap ammo. My ammo of choices. 100 rounds of WPA 115 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano Ammo report.

Just got back from the range with my new Nano.Read all the reports about cheap ammo.
    My ammo of choices.
    100 rounds of WPA 115 grain FMJ.Wolf ammo.
    50 rounds of American Eagle 124 grain FMJ.
    50 rounds of American Eagle 147 grain FMJ flat nose.
    50 rounds of Magtech 115 grains FMJ.
    The WPA Military classic ammo did shot ok but you can tell the gun struggled to cycle a little bit.The rounds didn't eject to smoothly.Was not the most accurate either.

The American Eagle ammo in 124 grain was a delight to shot compared to the WPA ammo.Thats when I realized how bad the WPA ammo was.Not one failure of any kind.

The American Eagle in 147 was a nice bullet as well.No complaints.

The Magtech in 115 grain was also nice and my groups started to tighten up.Six inch groups at 30 feet.I have not shot in twelve years.This is my second semi auto pistol.I like this little gun and it will be my carry weapon.One of the guys at the range looked at it and asked what the heck is that?I said it's a Nano.He asked to look at it.He thought it felt nice in his hand.He asked to dry fire it and I said sure.He said the trigger felt very nice.

So on a happy note,The better the ammo,The better the results.Feed it good ammo and you will be happy.have a great weekend.
    gottabkiddin and phreddy like this.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Glad the Nano is working for ya..

I think it's a cool little cary 9mm and even thought about locating one up until I picked up my Kahr CM9. Excellent use of the many ammo options out there too, these little 9mms can be very finicky on their ammo diet.

Enjoy the new pistol!

Idahokid likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats! Mine has around 1500 rounds with no probs with it... I usually fire 124gr WWB NATO ammo... I put some Hogue grip sleeves it and thats it! now waiting for some mags extension etc :)
    Idahokid and marko54 like this.

Awesome. I've got about 1100 rds through mine. Fed and shot well with S&B FMJ and JHP and Hornady Critical Defense.

I've never shot the other usual pistols mentioned in this class of pistols, but I sure like my nano.
    Idahokid and marko54 like this.

Handled one yesterday and it felt top heavy to me but then I did not fire it. It sounds like it is a good shooter and my dry fire impression is wrong. Hope to run into someone at the range before I buy it. Glad to hear you are all enjoying your guns.
    Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by helderberg View Post
    Handled one yesterday and it felt top heavy to me but then I did not fire it. It sounds like it is a good shooter and my dry fire impression is wrong. Hope to run into someone at the range before I buy it. Glad to hear you are all enjoying your guns.
    Frank.
    Just find a gun that clicks with you.No matter what brand.All the pocket pistols have there issues.The Nano is top heavy.You just adjust to it.Same with the long trigger.You adjust to it.It's like fly rods,Some have faster actions then others.
    Philly Boy likes this.

When I first started shooting two years ago I only had a Glock 17 which shot everything I fed it. Because of that I started buying cheap ammo in bulk. Just a year ago I got my first small 3" 9mm and soon discovered the differences between cheap low quality ammo and good quality ammo. I am now buying American Eagle FMJ and Federal Classic Hi-Shock JHP. My Nano now has over 3200 rounds. Since I started shooting the American Eagle 124 grain and Federal Hi-Shok I have had zero malfunctions. What a diference quality ammo can make.
    Idahokid, Philly Boy and marko54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cebur19 View Post
    When I first started shooting two years ago I only had a Glock 17 which shot everything I fed it. Because of that I started buying cheap ammo in bulk. Just a year ago I got my first small 3" 9mm and soon discovered the differences between cheap low quality ammo and good quality ammo. I am now buying American Eagle FMJ and Federal Classic Hi-Shock JHP. My Nano now has over 3200 rounds. Since I started shooting the American Eagle 124 grain and Federal Hi-Shok I have had zero malfunctions. What a diference quality ammo can make.
    I think the American Eagle 124 FMJ will be my range ammo.The Magtech is another option also.I will try other ammo in the future.My only other auto pistol was a Glock 17.Couldn't shoot it worth beans.Sold it.Got this gun and learned how to hold it.Wish I still had the Glock now that I know how to hold it.

I had my first FTE last night at the range.I bought a box of Blazer Brass ammo.Loaded both magazines.Put the one in and racked the slide.First shot and it opened up like I was out of ammo.Second bullet did not try and load.I can see the bullet setting in the barrel.I tilted the gun up so the bullet would slide out.Since the slide was open,I got my car key and took the casing out.Racked the slide again and not a problem since.Not very accurate ammo.The worst so far.I wonder if I limp wristed the first shot.It was also 115 grain FMJ.I think I like the American Eagle in the 124 grain.I also got some CLP in a can and crubbed the gun with a tooth brush.It was dirty.Tell next time.
    marko54 likes this.

Thanks for your update. went to the shop today for some ammo. I was going for American Eagle 124 grain but none avail. all they had was 115.
    Hopefully next week i can get my hands on some.

I think the American Eagle in 124 grain is the best so far.It's also the most accurate.The Blazer brass was all over the target.Had to try it and report what I found.I wonder why just the first round though.I'm not worried about it.It may have been my grip.I have a Cabela's near me.I get the AE 124 for 14.99 a box.The 147 flat nose is on sale for 11.99.That worked good also.

I think I'm set on just shooting 124 or bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by helderberg View Post
    Frank.
    One thing that I noticed the other day is that with an unloaded magazine, it can feel a little top heavy. With a loaded mag, some of that goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    One thing that I noticed the other day is that with an unloaded magazine, it can feel a little top heavy. With a loaded mag, some of that goes away.
    It's a good little shooter.Just dialing in the best ammo for it.

On a lighter note.The wife and I go to an indoor range in Post falls Idaho.Friday is date night there.I'm letting her use my 357 MAG.It's a Model 28-2 in a black matte finish.4" barrel.This was her first time shooting it.IMG_0716.JPGIMG_0715.JPG
    We are going to Cabela's tomorrow and look at the Ruger SP101.That's what she wants.Then I can get my gun back.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links