Defensive Carry banner

The G17 Gen 4 and a Ghost Inc Ultimate connector – we have a winner!!!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tangle 
#1 ·
I only got 200 rounds (absolutely flawless I might add) through my G17 Gen 4 before I could no longer resist swapping out the stock ‘dot’ connector for a Ghost 3.5# Ultimate connector.

I generally put Ghost Rockets (the Rocket is essentially an Ultimate with an over-travel stop) in all my Glocks, but time was short and I didn’t want to go through the minor fitting process required by the Rocket.

I measured the trigger pull right at 6 lbs with the stock dot connector. I should say here that measuring trigger pull weight is a bit tricky on a Glock. First, Glock measures pull weight from the tip of the trigger – that’s how they get that 3.5# and 5.5# pull spec. However, unless you have some clever way to fire your Glock using just the tip of the trigger, then you’re going to get pull weights that are higher.

So, I try to measure from just below the pivot of the trigger safety. The ‘hook’ on the trigger scale wants to settle on the pivot and it sometimes won’t release the trigger safety. So I’ve developed a method to avoid that and have seen quite a bit if consistency using the method.

I re-measured the pull weight after installing the Ghost Inc Ultimate. It dropped the pull weight to about 5-1/4 lbs. Maybe a little less, and it’s smooth as silk. I love the Gen 4; I love the Gen 4 with the Ghost Ultimate connector.

However, now that I see what it does, the G17 Gen 4 will get a Ghost Inc Rocket which will give the same pull weight as the Ultimate but I’ll tune the over-travel tab to reduce trigger over-travel. It will be an even better trigger then. Very much worth the $25!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, and did you know that if you 'mis-fit' the connector, you can send it to Ghost and they will send you a new one - free? That's just a one time thing, but still, who else advertises that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.