1911 for newbie

This is a discussion on 1911 for newbie within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My primary CCW is my GLOCK Model 19... Although i just bought a Kimber Compact Stainless and she shoots like a dream... Waiting on my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 for newbie

Talking

My primary CCW is my GLOCK Model 19... Although i just bought a Kimber Compact Stainless and she shoots like a dream... Waiting on my holster to come in for it...

It shot sooooooooo smooth... Although I don't like the factory all black sights...

I'll be upgrading them to some Meprolight night sights sometime in the near future...
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

2. Remove Ads

I've followed the long and winding road, starting with 1911s in the Army (in the dim, dark recesses of history), owned and shot lots and lots of different handguns, and ended up back with the 1911 as my favorite of them all.

For CCW, I usually carry my Ultra CDP II as primary, although when my Tucker HF1 for my Desert Warrior comes in, I'll probably carry that one some of the time, too. My Kimbers have been altogether reliable. I currently load Winchester Ranger SXT 230gr for defensive rounds. They're an especially good value at about $17/box of 50.

Get a top-of-the-line holster and gun belt! Brommeland, Sparks, Tucker, Garrity, Larsen, Alessi -- there are a number of great craftsmen that sit at the pinnacle of the art. Don't skimp on an item that will make such a huge difference in your ability to carry effectively.

For pics of mine, including range photos, visit this link: http://www.celtictexas.com/desert%20warrior.htm .

Welcome to the 1911 club. Watch out, bank account!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links