The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9!

This is a discussion on The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If only they still made them. I don't typically like used guns. I really want an Elite II...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9!

If only they still made them. I don't typically like used guns.

I really want an Elite II

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Ya know... I would, and have, agreed with you in the past... "What's up with that crazy guy with all the Berettas?" - hahaha . I have had duplicates of the same gun a few times... Just two. And, I'd ALWAYS end up selling one of them to pay for something new I'd eventually come across.

However, I have been in constant gun buying mode since around 1996. And, I've owned pretty much everything at one time or another since I bought my first handgun in 1993. I am always buying something, and paying off a gun. And, I have my next 2 or 3 gun purchases all planned out. And, I'd always be selling something that I lost interest in - so I could buy the next thing or pay something off. I've been doing this for years.

Over the years, I've owned just about everything. And, I can honestly say that now, when I go to one of the huge gun shows, I really don't see anything left that I want. I either don't care for it, or I've already previously owned it.

As for the Berettas specifically... I've always liked the platform, and I've owned several over the years. About 3 years ago, I got the bug again. And, I started carrying a fullsize 92 concealed over two years ago. Then, I started getting some of the variants.

Over time, I found that the 92 platform is my favorite. I know how to strip the frame down completely, and I can customize/change parts on my own. Also, I shoot them very well, and I found that with rubber grip panels, I like the platform better than I do 1911s. In a 1 handed grip, the 92 balances super nicely. I really like the undercut of the trigger guard too.

Over time, I started collecting a 2nd set - a set I would occasionally shoot, but one that would mostly sit in the safe and not get beat up like the ones I use for carry guns. At first, I bought the first duplicate as a gift I would hold on to for when my son got older. And, I sorta told myself that with the purchase of each duplicate.

Now, I carry the 92FS and sometimes the 92 compact. And, I still have a set to look pretty.

I'm just sorta in collection mode. And, after owning so many varied guns - I've just gone ahead and invested fully in this platform. I have tons of spare parts and extra mags. And, honestly, the only thing I really feel like buying is more Beretta 92s - hahaha.

But admittedly, at one time, I never understood the guys who bought so many Glocks, or so many of whatever... Now, I am that guy. And, I understand that most people won't get it. It's just the platform I like the most after all my experience with everything else.
    That actually makes sense. I had never thought about getting tired of every other gun, but I can definitely see it happening over time. My greatest obstacle in beginning a collection, besides finances, is my girlfriend/soon to be fiance. I had to pull teeth to buy my first, and as of right now, only gun. Maybe I'll get her a .22 target pistol and try to get her into it more.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    That actually makes sense. I had never thought about getting tired of every other gun, but I can definitely see it happening over time. My greatest obstacle in beginning a collection, besides finances, is my girlfriend/soon to be fiance. I had to pull teeth to buy my first, and as of right now, only gun. Maybe I'll get her a .22 target pistol and try to get her into it more.
    Yes, I'm tired of being on the prowl for the next gun. I still have some extra cash left over from an expensive 1911 I sold last year. But, I think I'm gonna finally take a break. Unless some other 92 variant comes out in the future, I don't see much point in buying anymore handguns.

Admittedly, it would be cool to still have everything I previously owned. But my finances didn't allow for that. I don't miss anything I previously owned, though...

I wish I could get my wife to shoot. She is from China, though, and grew up in another environment. I got a 22 Buckmark to try and get her to go. She won't. But, I'll use the buckmark one day with my son, when he gets older...

eb
    Nice collection. I've got 3 PX4s and I'm still waiting for one of them to fail-to-anything (I guess I give up at 20,000 rounds?). Great guns...

Appreciate it.

I do have one PX4, and it is a great polymer handgun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BitReaver View Post
    Harsh. I totally dig my 92FS, will never get rid of it. Accurate, comfortable and good lookin'.

I am curious what versions of the 92 shipwreck doesn't yet have. I can think of far worse things to collect. Glocks for instance. :P
    I was just kidding don't get all sore about it! LOL...... By the way I don't collect Glocks, I collect guns.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Beautiful collection! I prefer Berettas, as well. I have an M9, a 92 fs, and a PX 4 Storm .45.

Beautiful collection!

Yes, I'm tired of being on the prowl for the next gun. I still have some extra cash left over from an expensive 1911 I sold last year. But, I think I'm gonna finally take a break. Unless some other 92 variant comes out in the future, I don't see much point in buying anymore handguns.

Admittedly, it would be cool to still have everything I previously owned. But my finances didn't allow for that. I don't miss anything I previously owned, though...

I wish I could get my wife to shoot. She is from China, though, and grew up in another environment. I got a 22 Buckmark to try and get her to go. She won't. But, I'll use the buckmark one day with my son, when he gets older...
    I tried last night to have the "I'm thinking about buying another gun" conversation with my girlfriend. I have been considering purchasing a Ruger LCP for summer carry/formal stuff. That did not go well. It's too bad that your wife won't shoot, but at least she doesn't restrict your purchases
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Yea, it can be tough when your significant other is not a gun person....

My wife will not shoot either. In fact she doesn't want to see them. She does encourage me to go shooting at the range, but I know she just wants her "alone time". So I happily go with her "permission".
    She made a comment to me the last Presidential elections "arm us". Well I did. I had three Walthers at the time and since this past October I have purchased 6 more guns, three of them being Berettas. She finally asked me how many I had and I told her-I also reminded her of her comment to arm us.

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    I tried last night to have the "I'm thinking about buying another gun" conversation with my girlfriend. I have been considering purchasing a Ruger LCP for summer carry/formal stuff. That did not go well. It's too bad that your wife won't shoot, but at least she doesn't restrict your purchases
    I ended up getting a Remington 700 on the "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" plan. My wife isn't against guns, just against how much they cost. :(

EVen when I didn't have so many of just 1 gun, my wife always says that they "look the same."

Now, they really DO look the same. hahahaha

VIP Member
    EVen when I didn't have so many of just 1 gun, my wife always says that they "look the same."

Now, they really DO look the same. hahahaha
    I suspect that's one reason Glocks are so popular too...

hey, when they are DO look the same, what's 1 more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links