The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9!

This is a discussion on The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up another 92FS with a curved dustcover today. Got it at Academy. I gave up trying to find one with factory night sights, after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9!

Picked up another 92FS with a curved dustcover today. Got it at Academy.

I gave up trying to find one with factory night sights, after going to many, many gunshows in a row. Plus, the standard ones have all been scratched to hell at the gun shows... It's a 90 minute drive each way to the Houston gunshows... So, I just paid a few bucks more and just bought it local...

It's another regular 92FS with the curved dustcover and backstrap indentation...

That particular style of 92 is my every day carrygun, and I wanted one more exactly like it (my other 92FS as the straight dustcover and no rear strap indentation). I'll probably send it off for night sights soon.

Anyway - the Wheel-O-Berettas now has NINE 92s... I also have a PX4, but I don't fit it into "the wheel"

WHEC724 likes this.

Beretta-Heaven!

Friend fired a mag out of my 92fs tonight at range, couldn't believe how accurate it was.

great guns!!!

Pretty picture!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

A great looking wheel!

What? No 92G/SD?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Man, thats a whole lot o' good lookin' italian gals!

Somewhere John Woo is smiling.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Picked up another 92FS with a curved dustcover today. Got it at Academy.

I gave up trying to find one with factory night sights, after going to many, many gunshows in a row. Plus, the standard ones have all been scratched to hell at the gun shows... It's a 90 minute drive each way to the Houston gunshows... So, I just paid a few bucks more and just bought it local...

It's another regular 92FS with the curved dustcover and backstrap indentation...

That particular style of 92 is my every day carrygun, and I wanted one more exactly like it (my other 92FS as the straight dustcover and no rear strap indentation). I'll probably send it off for night sights soon.

Anyway - the Wheel-O-Berettas now has NINE 92s... I also have a PX4, but I don't fit it into "the wheel"

Boy Oh Boy! It's one thing to make a mistake, but to do it nine times over is a travesty.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Nice collection. How much of a difference is there between all of these guns? I'm a young kid without a ton of money, so I don't understand why you would buy 9 of the same sort of gun. Is it for fun? Is it because you need them all? Why not try out another flavor (like the 96 chambered in .40)? I'm not trying to knock what you've done, just trying to understand
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Just out of curiosity, do you carry that 92fs open or concealed? I only ask because that is one big 'ole gun!

Congrats on the new addition!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Nice collection!
    shipwreck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Boy Oh Boy! It's one thing to make a mistake, but to do it nine times over is a travesty.....
    Harsh. I totally dig my 92FS, will never get rid of it. Accurate, comfortable and good lookin'.

I am curious what versions of the 92 shipwreck doesn't yet have. I can think of far worse things to collect. Glocks for instance. :P
    jerp and shipwreck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    Nice collection. How much of a difference is there between all of these guns? I'm a young kid without a ton of money, so I don't understand why you would buy 9 of the same sort of gun. Is it for fun? Is it because you need them all? Why not try out another flavor (like the 96 chambered in .40)? I'm not trying to knock what you've done, just trying to understand

Ya know... I would, and have, agreed with you in the past... "What's up with that crazy guy with all the Berettas?" - hahaha . I have had duplicates of the same gun a few times... Just two. And, I'd ALWAYS end up selling one of them to pay for something new I'd eventually come across.

However, I have been in constant gun buying mode since around 1996. And, I've owned pretty much everything at one time or another since I bought my first handgun in 1993. I am always buying something, and paying off a gun. And, I have my next 2 or 3 gun purchases all planned out. And, I'd always be selling something that I lost interest in - so I could buy the next thing or pay something off. I've been doing this for years.

Over the years, I've owned just about everything. And, I can honestly say that now, when I go to one of the huge gun shows, I really don't see anything left that I want. I either don't care for it, or I've already previously owned it.

As for the Berettas specifically... I've always liked the platform, and I've owned several over the years. About 3 years ago, I got the bug again. And, I started carrying a fullsize 92 concealed over two years ago. Then, I started getting some of the variants.

Over time, I found that the 92 platform is my favorite. I know how to strip the frame down completely, and I can customize/change parts on my own. Also, I shoot them very well, and I found that with rubber grip panels, I like the platform better than I do 1911s. In a 1 handed grip, the 92 balances super nicely. I really like the undercut of the trigger guard too.

Over time, I started collecting a 2nd set - a set I would occasionally shoot, but one that would mostly sit in the safe and not get beat up like the ones I use for carry guns. At first, I bought the first duplicate as a gift I would hold on to for when my son got older. And, I sorta told myself that with the purchase of each duplicate.

Now, I carry the 92FS and sometimes the 92 compact. And, I still have a set to look pretty.

I'm just sorta in collection mode. And, after owning so many varied guns - I've just gone ahead and invested fully in this platform. I have tons of spare parts and extra mags. And, honestly, the only thing I really feel like buying is more Beretta 92s - hahaha.

But admittedly, at one time, I never understood the guys who bought so many Glocks, or so many of whatever... Now, I am that guy. And, I understand that most people won't get it. It's just the platform I like the most after all my experience with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you carry that 92fs open or concealed? I only ask because that is one big 'ole gun!

Congrats on the new addition!
    Concealed. IWB at the 3 o'clock position... See here:

Quote Originally Posted by BitReaver View Post
    I am curious what versions of the 92 shipwreck doesn't yet have. I can think of far worse things to collect. Glocks for instance. :P
    Well, I don't like buying used guns. So, I only buy new production Berettas. There are many, many cool models no longer made, unfortunately. Beretta likes to discontinue things...

How much did the Beretta with curved dust cover run you?
    United States Air Force Security Forces Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, now a college student.

$579. This was high. At Houston Gun Shows, they are $500-$510, typically.

I was originally looking for another one with factory night sights. They pop up on average 1x a year at the large Houston gun shows. But, I've been overdue to find one. I finally gave up and jut planned to buy a standard 92FS, and send it off for night sights.

But, after 4 shows and multiple vendors, I couldn't find one all scratched up. Obviously, I have a lot of experience with 92s. The 92 is the ONE handgun I will not buy online. I have no idea what Beretta does to these new guns before putting them in the box. But, I am getting tired of driving 90 min to the gun shows and coming home empty handed. I decided just to pay the extra $50 or so and be done with it.

If its a carry gun, then I don't care. But, I am collecting some of these now..

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    You need a Border Marshal or Centurion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links