Trade value - Page 2

Trade value

This is a discussion on Trade value within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pirate Have you ever owned a RIA? If so you would know there is a significant difference between "cheap" and inexpensive. As ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trade value

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Have you ever owned a RIA? If so you would know there is a significant difference between "cheap" and inexpensive. As in a great value for the price point.

I now own or have owned 1911 platform handguns by most of the top makers including SA, Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson and the RIA will run with them all as an entry level model. They are an exceptional value.
    Matter of fact I have owned one. Got rid of it and others when I got out of 45acp. I'll stand by my "cheap"...

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yooperdug View Post
    Taurus bashing is right
    I'm not bashing the Taurus. I am, however bashing a platform that isn't that good vs a platform that is widely accepted as being one of the best platform of the gun world.

I wouldn't make the trade to save my life.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Administrator
    OK... Can we stop with the Taurus stuff? Truth be told, both are second maybe third, rate manufactures made in a third world country probably made in a sweat shop by child labor with inferior materials on a copies design. There, I said it and we can leave it alone.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I love my TAURUS 24/7 in .45ACP. It's a great gun, and I've never had any REAL problems with it; I have had a couple Failure To Feeds, and I blame the mags.

If I were going to get a 9mm, especially a 'Beretta', I would personally get the real Beretta. I've never fired one, but I would love to. The Beretta 92FS is by far my favorite (and only 'respected') 9mm handgun.

I have had overall good experiences with my Taurus, but, given the choice; I would trade a Taurus for a 1911 (especially mil-spec) in a heartbeat.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I own three RIA`S. A Compact,Tac and a GI all in .45ACP. They all run Perfect and will go up against ANY high dollar 1911 out there for accuracy,shootability.Why would you want to step down??. And they also include the Great Lifetime RIA warranty.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK... Can we stop with the Taurus stuff? Truth be told, both are second maybe third, rate manufactures made in a third world country probably made in a sweat shop by child labor with inferior materials on a copies design. There, I said it and we can leave it alone.
    Actually Armscor the manufacturer of RIA 1911's has one of the most advanced and modern manufacturing facilities producing guns anywhere. They are a ISO 9001:2000 certified company and they use CNC machinery extesively in the making of there products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqSV...layer_embedded
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Too funny...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I would keep the RIA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links