S&W .38 Body Guard. Harmless quirk, or real problem. - Page 3

S&W .38 Body Guard. Harmless quirk, or real problem.

This is a discussion on S&W .38 Body Guard. Harmless quirk, or real problem. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it. The J-frame has got to be one of the top selling guns of all time. It is my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: S&W .38 Body Guard. Harmless quirk, or real problem.

Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it. The J-frame has got to be one of the top selling guns of all time. It is my understanding that when they designed the new Bodyguard they changed the cylinder drive. Right now I think they kind of crapped in their own mess kit. Looks like all they did was take a gun that was legendary for it's reliability and gave it a "quirk".

Yep, you will have problems with this gun. Save your money and buy something else. Even a new shooter will have problems with it failing to advance the cylinder. Sent mine back to Smith twice and they keep saying that nothing is wrong with it. When I get a chance to do a youtube video of what a POS this gun is the world will know buy the 642 or a Ruger LCR!

Your gun is not broken and doesn't need to go back to the factory. All revolvers must have their cylinder rachets align and mate with each other. Most revolver have a pawl indexing the cylinder when the user forgets to turn the cylinder just a bit when closing the gun up. The bodyguard does not have this pawl, so if the user doesn't rotate the cylinder a bit when closing this is the result. Revolver users should close the cylinder and rotate the cylinder until it locks or clicks into position on all revolvers but it's a must do on the new bodyguard because of the lacking of the pawl. Just close and turn until lock up and your revolver will work just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links