Slim 9mms part 2

This is a discussion on Slim 9mms part 2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to get an LCP as a precursor to an LC9. Lots of people hate that super-long trigger pull. With the break being ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Slim 9mms part 2

I am going to get an LCP as a precursor to an LC9. Lots of people hate that super-long trigger pull. With the break being almost at the grip and all that.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    I am going to get an LCP as a precursor to an LC9. Lots of people hate that super-long trigger pull. With the break being almost at the grip and all that.
    I had an LCP and traded it for an LC9. I thought the trigger pull was slightly better on the LCP, maybe because of the lack of a magazine disconnect. I like a revolver like trigger pull on a pocket sized auto. I just feel that pocket or appendix carry is more safe than a light, striker fired action. I'm not stating that as fact, only that I feel its safer.

The trigger is defininetly more difficult to master than a striker fired Glock but it just takes more practice to master. I can shoot my LC9 almost as well as my Glock 23 after a lot of dry firing and working on finding the sweet spot on trigger finger placement where the front sight doesn't move when I fire.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I have big hands and the LC9 didn't fit me.I couldn't wrap my pinkie around the butt at all
    The pt709 allows me to partially wrap my pinkie around the butt ( there is a joke in there somewhere lol) just enough for a descent grip so I went with the 709. Shoots great. No issues at 300rds.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    I had an LCP and traded it for an LC9. I thought the trigger pull was slightly better on the LCP, maybe because of the lack of a magazine disconnect. I like a revolver like trigger pull on a pocket sized auto. I just feel that pocket or appendix carry is more safe than a light, striker fired action. I'm not stating that as fact, only that I feel its safer.

The trigger is defininetly more difficult to master than a striker fired Glock but it just takes more practice to master. I can shoot my LC9 almost as well as my Glock 23 after a lot of dry firing and working on finding the sweet spot on trigger finger placement where the front sight doesn't move when I fire.
    Agreed, It is nice to have the single stack. I wish glock made a single stack version of the 26. the Ruger is a nice gun, practice practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    I've never shot a Kahr. I hear really good comments and I'm sure it too, is a great pistol. However, my Ruger LC9, brand new, was $350. That's a fairly big price difference and I LIKE all the safety features the LC9 has.
    I will be picking up a CM9 from Cabela's for $449.00. It took a lot of back and forth for me since I love my LCP but could not get over not liking the LCI and the mag disconnect on the LC9. The smooth trigger pull on the CM9 is what made my mind up.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Sponsor

Lightbulb

I haven't shot a Ruger LC9 yet but I'm told it's a copy of the Kel-Tec PF9?? Looking forward to testing the Ruger and others as well.

Below is a Kel-Tec PF9 that we put over 200 rounds through thus far. It ran great except it didn't like the 9MM +P ammo. But that's understandable since it's a light little gun and most companies don't recommend +P anyway. Check out the custom grip texturizing I did on it:

keltec-2.JPG

RANGE REPORT: We just ran another 150 rounds of assorted (non +P) ammo through it just to be sure. It ran flawlessly with everything, just as I suspected it would. The trigger pull is not bad at all.
    Last edited by DRM; February 10th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Shooting Coach & Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

How about the Walther PPS?

My wife and I rented one recently and both loved it. We will likely be buying two of them...

Hogue or Pachmyer for Slims?

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I have the 709 slim and like it a lot. I don't keep close count but I have at least 800 rounds through it with 100% reliability. It shoots very accurate. I put a Hogue grip on it and Pearce grip extension.
    Pearce Grips
    What size grips, either Hogue or Pachmyer, fit best on the 709 Slim? Thanks!

Don't forget the Bersa BP9CC, 8+1 9mm single stack:

zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aerodino View Post
    Don't forget the Bersa BP9CC, 8+1 9mm single stack:

big Bersa fan here. IMO, the best single stack 9mm available besides the Walther PPS.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links