Swap out PPS for G26?

This is a discussion on Swap out PPS for G26? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Fitch I already have a G26 and love it. It's a fantastic gun to shoot. And while it isn't going anyplace, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Swap out PPS for G26?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I already have a G26 and love it. It's a fantastic gun to shoot. And while it isn't going anyplace, I am looking for a thinner 9mm.

One of the candidates is the PPS because it is quite a bit thinner. 1.18" for the Glock, 0.91" for the PPS in the dimension that matters. The difference is just over a quarter of an inch in thickness. That last quarter inch makes a BIG difference. Glocks are not skinny guns.

The list of guns thinner than the Glock with triggers I like is pretty short, like one (P238) at the moment, but I haven't had a chance to shoot a PPS yet. I'm hoping the new SIG P938 turns out to be as good as I hope it will be based on owning a P238.

Bottom line, I wouldn't trade the PPS in on a Glock. Getting a Glock in addition to the PPS for times you can hide it works, but trust me on this, there will be times you can't hide the Glock that you can hide the PPS and you will want the PPS back when that happens.

Fitch
    I'm about the same way. I have a PPS, a G19, and a G27. The PPS is comfortably thin and that last quarter of an inch is nice to have. The G26 holds more bullets; the PPS is thinner. That being said, lately I've carried my G27 more since I got away from my pocket or waist by trying a Kangaroo Carry. It's sort of a thin chest/shoulder holster, and with the right shirt the G27 disappears.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

I also have had a PPS, Glock 19, and Kahr CM9.

The PPS was one of the best guns I have ever had, really regret selling it. Trumps the G19 for carry due to width and sights IMO. The G26 felt horrible in my hand, I wouldn't even consider trading the PPS for a G26.

I traded my M&PC 9mm for the G26 and, while I love the 26, I really miss the Smith. Moral? Keep the PPS and add the Glock later if you want to; otherwise, you will probably regret it.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

To me it depends alot on the holster also. Some holster my G27 can feel big. When I wear my Mr Softy it feels alot smaller. I'm looking at trying a similar small holster that will be easier to re holser. The Ubg Becker or another high noon. I would rather have the round count. If you can just keep all your guns. For awhile till you know which you like best.

VIP Member
    Never get rid of a handgun (well maybe a Titan 25) ... just get a bigger safe.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links