It Is Decided!

This is a discussion on It Is Decided! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have no complaints about my Glock 30 (or any other model I've fired), but I do admit the M&Ps fit my hand better and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: It Is Decided!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have no complaints about my Glock 30 (or any other model I've fired), but I do admit the M&Ps fit my hand better and point more naturally. If I were in the market for a new CC gun, I'd certainly take a serious look at one. Hope yours works out well for you and enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    All my Glock talk was in vain. I love the Glock (and the XDm-9 3.8 Compact for that matter) but none of them compared to the M&P9c I fired today. I have NEVER fired a weapon that felt that good in my hands before! I am sold. Ordering mine Wednesday.
    Congrats... Same here. I was a glock fan forever, actually still am, nothing will stop me from liking a good solid performer, but IMO my M&P9c is absolutely perfect in almost every way. Some will disagree, but to each their own I guess. I made the switch around a year ago and haven't changed my mind on it and never will. The ergo's on the M&P are just better than those of the Glock IMO, and I'm by no means along in my opinion regarding that. As for accuracy, I can see no advantage, or disadvantage between the two. For ease of carry, about the same as well. Bottom line for me, it's the ergo's and trigger of the M&P that's got my vote. Some don't like the stock trigger, I personally don't have a problem with it at all, works fine for what I need the pistol for.
    Porp likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

M&P is a great gun, congratulations. I carry a Glock19 G3 but like all the others out there too. Don't have enough money to have one of each.....
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Might I suggest the M&P 40c and 9mm conversion barrel. It allows my to store in night stand duty with .40 full size mag (with grip extenders), carry with .40 small mag and shoot with 9mm or any previous combination.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    rdpG19: what holster is that in your avatar? I have never seen one made like that...it looks really nice.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

well...I guess I'm glad you didn't get the glock if you ever decide you love the M&P enough to sell the XDM I'll take it off your hands
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

MP is a fine weapon

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    rdpG19: what holster is that in your avatar? I have never seen one made like that...it looks really nice.
    It looks like a crossbreed hybrid. But I am not sure.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Glad you found what works for you!! Congrats!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    It looks like a crossbreed hybrid. But I am not sure.
    I don't think so; it appears to be all leather. Very unusual to have the top layer of leather cut around the gun like that. I like it!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    Thanks for asking, It is called the Invisi-tuck, made by The American Holster Company I saw an article in a magazine and gave them a try. Same thing as the Crossbreed but no Kydex, all Leather which is what I like. Excellent quality and very comfortable to wear all day. I paid $78.00, took 5 weeks to arrive, don't know what the wait time is now.

holster_19.jpg
    US Navy Veteren
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Can't agree with you more. I was dead set on a Glock until I held an M&P. I have the Exact same gun. Love it and fun to shoot. Also unbelievably accurate for a short barrel.

rdpG19... I've been eyeballing that holster too, unfortunately visited the site this morning and saw 12 to 14 week wait time!
    Guess it's really catching on.
    I need a decent holster for sure, this cheapo Tagua I'm currently using is getting annoying.
    It retains well, but I've got to tilt it for cant (conceals better that way) and it always walks back to straight up.
    Have you any comment on the cant and does it conceal well as to it's print? Thanx.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    rdpG19... I've been eyeballing that holster too, unfortunately visited the site this morning and saw 12 to 14 week wait time!
    Guess it's really catching on.
    I need a decent holster for sure, this cheapo Tagua I'm currently using is getting annoying.
    It retains well, but I've got to tilt it for cant (conceals better that way) and it always walks back to straight up.
    Have you any comment on the cant and does it conceal well as to it's print? Thanx.
    12-14 week wait, wow, guess he is getting busy. If you don't mind the wait, go for it. You don't pay for it until its finished, he sends you a photo for your approval, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. I thought that was good, plus I paid using PayPal.

The cant is slightly forward but you can move the belt clips to different holes, for and aft, inorder to get the cant you want. Its a custom made holster for your gun and you can talk to him to about extra cant or any other custom features you wish.

I used a Don Hume IWB $30.00 holster until I got my Invisi-tuck, had to do the same your doing. As far as print is concerned, I wear shorts and Tshirts and have no problem, my wife will ask me every now and then if I'm carrying. Hope this helps with your decision.
    US Navy Veteren
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Mattmann;2158418]Glocks are for the masses. Feels good to be different huh? Hahaha.

That is so true

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links