XD40 or XDm40

This is a discussion on XD40 or XDm40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I'm currently shopping around for my edc gun. I've shot my friends XD40 and really liked it. My question is besides the trigger ...

Thread: XD40 or XDm40

XD40 or XDm40

Hey guys, I'm currently shopping around for my edc gun. I've shot my friends XD40 and really liked it.

My question is besides the trigger and a slightly longer barrel, what ms the difference in the XDm? Also is it as reliable as the XD? TIA

2. Remove Ads

The XD's are great guns, you will probably like any one you choose. My choice was the SA XD40 SC.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I can't speak of the 40, but I have the xd45 & xdm45. The barrel is of match grade and the recoil is slightly less. You mentioned the trigger I didnt think that it would be that noticeiable but after a couple mags clearly the xdm is superior. By the way excellent selection. Looks much larger than it really is. I have zero problems cc.

I have an XD40sc. I would switch to an XDM40 at the drop of a hat. that is my next purchase.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

My XD40 is top drawer!

One of the best pistols I own. I had Buds to install Meprolight sights on it and I am extremely pleases with the pistol. No issues what so ever.

XD40 (2).jpg

Two things.. Installing the sights was a bear according to the gunsmith at Buds took almost an hour. When I chose the Meprolight sights, I chose an orange rear and green front sight. Don't do this. The rear (orange) sight is hardly visable. My mistake. I thought it would be a good combination but certainly not. If you chose these sights, go with green and green. I have that setup on a G26 and is great.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Is there a difference in height? I'm only finding the height of the XDm.

The xdm is a very nice designed gun. It looks very good.

Links