Ok, guys somebody talk to me about the .357 sig....

This is a discussion on Ok, guys somebody talk to me about the .357 sig.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like the 21. Tangle, I really think you just like the enjoyment of having or trying something different.:) The 357 sig is great, however, for ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ok, guys somebody talk to me about the .357 sig....

Like the 21. Tangle, I really think you just like the enjoyment of having or trying something different.:)

The 357 sig is great, however, for a real fun gun to toy with, that has ALOT of real world versatility, I really think you would enjoy it tremendously.

Get the Sig barrel for your G22, and pick up a 10mm Glock. You should be able to work a good trade with some of that excess you have in the safe, lol.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

I am a believer that if a cartridge is "too powerful" within reason I say grow a pair! To quote Elmer Kieth "bring enough gun" and don't over analize it because when the sh%& hits the fan you won't worry about recoil.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
    I am a believer that if a cartridge is "too powerful" within reason I say grow a pair! To quote Elmer Kieth "bring enough gun" and don't over analize it because when the sh%& hits the fan you won't worry about recoil.
    You may not worry about recoil, but you will still suffer the consequences of it. Not feeling it doesn't make it go away. Why do you think competitors use the lowest load they can? To minimize the effect of recoil, it has nothing to do with how much recoil they can handle.
    AZ Hawk likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Like the 21. Tangle, I really think you just like the enjoyment of having or trying something different.:)

The 357 sig is great, however, for a real fun gun to toy with, that has ALOT of real world versatility, I really think you would enjoy it tremendously.

Get the Sig barrel for your G22, and pick up a 10mm Glock. You should be able to work a good trade with some of that excess you have in the safe, lol.
    Hmmmm......

Senior Moderator
    You know Gman, I had this thing figured out - now I'm back to figuring

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Eh, I just drop a .357 SIG barrel in a Glock 23. Works the same!
    If I'm not mistaken, that only works if you've already got a 23
    Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    You may not worry about recoil, but you will still suffer the consequences of it. Not feeling it doesn't make it go away. Why do you think competitors use the lowest load they can? To minimize the effect of recoil, it has nothing to do with how much recoil they can handle.
    yeah competitors are killing paper bad guys I don't mean to be a smart ass but paper targets don't shoot you back . That's why nobody in their right mind would carry a 22 long rifle 4 there everyday carry .Are they deadly yes but so is a slingshot . I do agree with your recoil argument in principle just not in practice.

yeah competitors are killing paper bad guys I don't mean to be a smart ass but paper targets don't shoot you back . That's why nobody in their right mind would carry a 22 long rifle 4 there everyday carry .Are they deadly yes but so is a slingshot . I do agree with your recoil argument in principle just not in practice.
    You've entirely missed the point.

Why is it that the "big caliber guys" always refer to .22 LR when we talk about low recoil? And what does a slingshot have to do with anything? It's not a firearm!
    Tangle likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Senior Moderator
    Competitors find out what works without killing people. How do you find out what works, from the internet and gun magazines? There are lots of things 'in the street' that came from competitive shooting.

I realize paper targets don't shoot back; what do you shoot at?

I've always felt shooting reduced loads is contrary to what you're trying to accomplish .I feel shooting a reduced loads 45 or reduced load 9 millimeter should go against the spirit of the rules . Who would carry a reduced load and bet there life on it?? Really in all shooting sports are trying to get better at shooting or trying to produce an advantage over the next shooter by science? I'm not necessarily a large caliber person . But when I hear a grown man state that a .45 or a .40 or a 10 mm recoil is uncontrollable ,or its to great. I often wonder how our military did it for the greater part of last century. Now remember as I stated everything is within reason.

You are confusing the different disciplines of shooting sports. Some have minimum power standards that compensate for scoring of minor and major calibers.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I find out what works through hunting and believe it or not I do a lot of shooting myself . my h&k p 30 m 40 caldoes not shoot much different the a hot 9 millimeter . I don't feel under tuned with a good nine millimeter round . but I feel a whole lot better with a good 40 or a 357 sig . I guess that's why there is always 2 sides to the argument .

I'm not sure what the arguement is you are making?

Unhappy

You are confusing different disciplines of shooting sports. Some have minimum power standards that compensate for scoring of minor and major calibers.
    I understand the rules I've just always disagree with allowing reduced loads with any shooting sports
    I'm not so naive to not understand that it gives you an advantage. so to get back to the original topic of the thread I think the 357 sig is a great round .

I'm not sure what the arguement is you are making?
    goes back to my original statementif you're a grown man and cant handle the recoil of a .40 ,.357 Sig or .45 acp grow a pair . we are not here to cloverleaf a paper target but rather put 3 shots center mass causing as much destruction as possible to stop the threat.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links