Charter Arms Snubbies? - Page 2

Charter Arms Snubbies?

This is a discussion on Charter Arms Snubbies? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a couple of things to add to all the good info already posted. First - if you're shooting a semiauto by plan, wear a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Charter Arms Snubbies?

Senior Moderator
    Gilbert, AZ
    Just a couple of things to add to all the good info already posted. First - if you're shooting a semiauto by plan, wear a baseball cap! Male or female, it'll keep those hot cases off your head and your glasses. Button up that shirt or blouse, or wear a t-shirt to keep brass out of sensitive places.

The other - already noted - is to strongly consider a S&W Model 10 or 64 (the latter being the stainless version of the 10) for home duty. There are lots of them around which are cop trade-ins and quite affordable. I got a pair of M64s a few years ago for around $250; J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ (they do a lot of on-line sales) has a bunch M64s in stock for the $300 range now. The 4-inch models have heavy barrels and they are just easy shooters, especially compared to the snubs. I sleep with a 1911 on the nightstand next to me, but when I'm out of town one of the M64s is there for Mrs. Smitty's peace of mind.
    Outer_Heaven likes this.
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I say go with what she likes. If she already shoots a snub and likes it get the one she wants. She will be able to carry it around the house and have it if she needs it. A gun in the bedroom dose no good if your putting a load of wash, in the washer, in the basement, when someone enters your home.

I've owned a CA Undercover for about 30 years. It's never been my everyday carry gun.... but on occasion I carry it in a windbreaker pocket. Overall I like the Undercover..... Seems to be a lot of discussion and opinions about using +P. I've fed my CA very few +P stuff........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links