My video about how to install a Ghost Rocket (or Tactical) in a Glock

This is a discussion on My video about how to install a Ghost Rocket (or Tactical) in a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like for my vids to be no longer than 8 minutes, but there was just too much to cover - this one is some ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tangle

Thread: My video about how to install a Ghost Rocket (or Tactical) in a Glock

Senior Moderator

My video about how to install a Ghost Rocket (or Tactical) in a Glock

I like for my vids to be no longer than 8 minutes, but there was just too much to cover - this one is some 21 minutes long, but it's pretty detailed.

Please, please don't post something about some super light trigger, range guns, SD, courts, etc. I've heard it all before many times.

This produces a lighter trigger with a shorter reset and almost no over travel. All safeties are in place, in tact, 100% functional. Realize that Glock puts 3.5# connectors in the G34 and G35. Even with the 3.5# connector, the trigger pull is still heavier and longer than a stock Sig P226/9 DA/SA trigger in the SA mode, 4.4 lbs.

And it's still longer and heavier than a 1911 SA trigger. It's still longer and heavier than a revo SA trigger. But what it is is one sweet setup!

The 3.5# connector does NOT produce a 3.5# trigger pull, UNLESS you measure it from the tip of the trigger like Glock does.

If you still have doubts read this:
    TRIGGER WEIGHT?

Be sure you read about the FBI report from the study they did about hit ratios and trigger weight.

So if you're interested: Oh it was still processing at 9:05pm ESDT, so we may have to wait a bit before it will play. Processing usually doesn't take long, but then this is about a 21 minute vid, so it may take a little longer.

AZ Hawk likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Good video. You can really see the difference between the two trigger systems. You never realize how much overtravel there is until it isn't there anymore.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Good video. You can really see the difference between the two trigger systems. You never realize how much overtravel there is until it isn't there anymore.
    Thanks HA, although you can see the difference in the video, the video really doesn't do the connector justice. I wish there was some way to 'video' what I'm feeling when I pull the trigger. It is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Thanks HA, although you can see the difference in the video, the video really doesn't do the connector justice. I wish there was some way to 'video' what I'm feeling when I pull the trigger. It is impressive.
    Thanks for this vid!

Out of pure curiosity I decided to try the Tactical 5.0" Connecter. I'm currently installing it with this vid in my practice Glock 19 to get a feel for it.

I'll let ya know how it goes.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Tangle, why can't I see the link to the video??

Is this a Mac problem....I'm on one.

Quote Originally Posted by CMW2011 View Post

Nope, I'm also on a Mac. Which browser are you using? (I'm on Google Chrome).
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Nope, I'm also on a Mac. Which browser are you using? (I'm on Google Chrome).
    I am on a Mac with Safari and it works great.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Thanks for this vid!

Out of pure curiosity I decided to try the Tactical 5.0" Connecter. I'm currently installing it with this vid in my practice Glock 19 to get a feel for it.

I'll let ya know how it goes.
    Great AZ! I am really eager to hear what you think of the Tactical.

I think that's the connector that Arthur Viani (owner of Ghost Inc.) prefers. Not because of the trigger weight but because he thinks it feels closer to a 1911 trigger.

Since the pull weight is set by a ramp angle instead of a spring, a lighter connector requires a teensy bit longer pull to break the shot.

Can't wait to hear about it! Shoot, I've got a Tactical, I might install it in a G17 to compare it to the Rocket!

Senior Moderator

Boy am I slow! Hmmm, kind of strange, can you see any of my other videos on YouTube, or any other YouTube vids for that matter?

Tangle. Found you in YT, just can't see a link in your post on my iPad. Not sure why. Thanks for the video.

I have a ghost 3.5 on my g19 but the package doesn't say tactical or competition. What's the difference between the different 3.5 triggers made by ghost?

Just so you know, I subscribed to your YT channel. The Rocket Connector just got moved way up on my want list.

Senior Moderator
    Tangle. Found you in YT, just can't see a link in your post on my iPad. Not sure why. Thanks for the video.

I have a ghost 3.5 on my g19 but the package doesn't say tactical or competition. What's the difference between the different 3.5 triggers made by ghost?
    "Tactical" is the name of the connector. The Tactical is a 5.0# connector WITH the over travel tab. The Patrol is a 5.0# connector WITHOUT the over travel tab.

The Rocket is a 3.5# connector WITH the over travel tab. The Ultimate is a 3.5# connector WITHOUT the over travel tab.

There's also a Ranger connector; it's 4.5# "WITHOUT" the over travel tab.

Ghost Inc does not have any connectors that are strictly competition, here is what Arthur, the owner of Ghost Inc says about that:

"The ROCKET has been designed to function flawlessly. The proof is in the shooting. The ROCKET is PRACTICAL & TACTICAL! The majority of people using the ROCKET use them in their carry guns this includes both Military Personnel fighting the War On Terror and Police Officers protecting our streets! Glock sells their PRACTICAL TACTICAL pistol with a 3.5lb. connector for both carry and competition use, but of course theirs does not I repeat DOES NOT have the patented Trigger Control Tab technology and the Patent Pending Self Cleaning Debris Channels!"

I am convinced; if you want to make your Glock more reliable than stock, put a Ghost connector in it. Take a look at the Ghost Inc website where Arthur has a trigger housing packed with mud. The stock Glock fails to work; Ghost connectors with the debris channel does work under that condition!

Watch the pic at the top of the page, it alternates between a pic of the Ranger connector and the mud packet trigger housing.
    4.5 lb. RANGER

Links