EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."

This is a discussion on EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator." within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Windicator .357 with the 4 inch barrel. I read alot of negative reviews on it but the price was right. It's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."

I picked up a Windicator .357 with the 4 inch barrel. I read alot of negative reviews on it but the price was right. It's never given me any problems. I like the weight of it as it's not used for concealed carry. That's what my Colt New Agent .45 is for. No, the Windicator sleeps in my nightstand, always loaded. If you're a wheel gun purist, this probably isn't the gun for you. I'm a auto guy. I like this revolver. So sue me.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

2. Remove Ads

UPDATE on the WINDICATOR: I've had my .357 for about 6 weeks now and really like it. I got it from someone who was overloaded(?) with guns and I got a good deal on it. Have added two spring loaded Variant Speedloaders from bobmacs.com in Mass and they make reloading a breeze: push in cylinder & pull out; no turning right or left! It handles .38+p like a .22, but have not tried the .357's yet; just might not bother with them except to see how the Windicator handles them. I'd recommend this gun to anyone: not as "pretty" as a S&W ,but a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER for a gun that WORKS!!
    Kilowatt3 and DamnitBob like this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Bravo to Philly boy and Isaiah. You both prove the point I've made for years. If the gun you've chosen is of good quality....and it works for what YOU want it for......then it's a GOOD gun! Glad you found one you like.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

I realize this is an older thread, but I was searching for some intelligent conversation on this particular weapon...EAA Windicator. I have one and it is a reliable piece. People say it is heavy and not so perty...the Ruger in .357 only weights 1 oz. less and people conceal-carry that one around. Pretty...who cares.....it works. I was wondering how to remove the cylinder from the crane. I would like to clean the springs and sech...but can't figure how to get it apart. Anyone know how this is done?? Happy Veterans Day to all you veterand. Thanks. Semper-fi and This We'll Defend. Mike
    "The nation that forgets it's defenders, will itself be forgotten" Pres. Calvin Coolidge

USMC '74-77
    US Army '93-'05
    OIF/OEF Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by marine mp View Post
    I realize this is an older thread, but I was searching for some intelligent conversation on this particular weapon...EAA Windicator. I have one and it is a reliable piece. People say it is heavy and not so perty...the Ruger in .357 only weights 1 oz. less and people conceal-carry that one around. Pretty...who cares.....it works. I was wondering how to remove the cylinder from the crane. I would like to clean the springs and sech...but can't figure how to get it apart. Anyone know how this is done?? Happy Veterans Day to all you veterand. Thanks. Semper-fi and This We'll Defend. Mike
    I'm not even vaguely familiar with the EAA Windicator but here's a link to some discussion on "The Firing Line" that you might find helpful:

having trouble breaking down a EAA Windicator - The Firing Line Forums
    marine mp likes this.

Thanks wmhawth, looked at that site you suggested, but to no avail. Still doesn't have the intel needed to remove the cylinder from the crane. Thanks again. Will have to contact EAA I guess. Semper-fi and This We'll Defend. Mike
    "The nation that forgets it's defenders, will itself be forgotten" Pres. Calvin Coolidge

USMC '74-77
    US Army '93-'05
    OIF/OEF Vet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links