EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."

This is a discussion on EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator." within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; According to reviews of this gun on Bud's website, it is quite a deal for the money(about $250). Anyone got this ,shot it or know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."

EAA .357 Magnum " Windicator."

According to reviews of this gun on Bud's website, it is quite a deal for the money(about $250). Anyone got this ,shot it or know anything about this model? Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

RevolvingMag: Just read your post from yesterday on "Snubbies" and like what you had to say. Unless I get some really negative responses, I think the "Windicator" is my next wheel gun. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Had one for years. Not flashy, but reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    According to reviews of this gun on Bud's website, it is quite a deal for the money(about $250). Anyone got this ,shot it or know anything about this model? Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    IMHO, it's a good gun for the money. I have a friend who has one. He's never had any issues.......

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

I remember when these first came out. Reviewed it back then, and took a rental out to the range and shot about 300 rounds through it. They are not flashy, as mentioned above, but it seemed to be on a par with the sort of gun that Taurus and Charter Arms used to be: A decent revolver for the money. They have a sort of odd shape that made it a bit harder to find good leather, but that should not be much of a problem with so many holsters available today.

Have fun with it!
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

I've had one for a couple of years. I shoot 38's and 357 through it regularly. Never any problems.
    Good accurate gun.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Sounds like a good buy, but I think I will have to get a 9mm first; then, perhaps, a EAA. Thanks for the comments.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I was going to buy one about 10 years ago, as I could only find a menial job and the $150 (NIB) price was right.
    A week later I took the money and went back to Las Vegas and to a new job that issued me a 92FS Police Special.

That's the last time I heard about the Windicator.

I'd have a hard time deciding between the 357 and a surplus CZ82/83 these days.

Both would offer a good modem of protection at a budget price.

No qualms about buying a Bounty Hunter revolver as well..made by the same company
    in Germany, I believe.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    According to reviews of this gun on Bud's website, it is quite a deal for the money(about $250). Thanks.
    Thanks for this thread Philly. Gotta like "made in Germany" And a nice .357 snubby. We will be looking into it in the future..... Troll
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I love mine. It's as close to perfect as I can picture a wheelgun being. My stepfather has a S&W .357, I can't remember the model number, with a 4" barrel and nickel finish. It's a great gun, but not quite 'right' to me.

My little Windicator has never given me any kind of problem- for being such a small gun, the recoil is easily managed. Even for my wife. It was my first handgun, first wheelgun, and it was perfect for the money, and my experience.

This gun throws great grouping in either .357 or .38. Pretty good grouping at 25yds; can hit the target at 50- and I think that's something for a 2" Snubbie.

If anyone is looking for a small, dependable, pretty good looking ( ), little revolver, I have to recommend looking into one. (And, the HKS 10A speed-loaders fit it rather nicely)
    Troll1 and Philly Boy like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I had never even heard of this revolver before.

I will have to check it out someday if I ever see it at a store or someone with one at the range!

Been wanting a .357 Ruger SP101 with the 3" barrel as my go to wheel gun but this is peaking my interest!

I thought I read some disparaging remarks a year or so ago when I was researching revolvers, but I take bad reviews with a grain of salt. Please update with your experiences, you know how no one complains when they're happy with what they have...

Here's cut-and paste from a post I made last week in a Charter Arms thread:

"+1 on the Windicator. I bought a 4" on impulse a couple of years ago after handling it at the LGS, and it's now my wife's nightstand gun - She hates semi-autos, the snubs are harder to handle, and the Python is pretty much a Safe Queen.

IIRC I got the EAA for about $259. It's basically a replica of a K-Frame Smith. Not quite up to the S&W wrt manufacturing tolerances or cosmetics, but it'll sure get the job done. A GREAT value."

Regards,
    Jim

Don't know why I always wanted to buy one but never pulled the trigger so to speak.

Ex Member
    Best buy for the money out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links