M&P 9c

This is a discussion on M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love my M&P9c, but lots of people do well with Glock as well!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: M&P 9c

cj
    Love my M&P9c, but lots of people do well with Glock as well!

2. Remove Ads

I'm partial to my M&P9c over my Glocks and I don't have a XD. I'd say, outa all three of your choices either or would serve you well I'm sure.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Sorry I traded my 9mmC for a G26; like the 26 well enough, but there was something about the S&W which was great and I miss it;might just have to reverse course and do the opposite this time! And I do have a G19 that is getting EXO'd at this time; so that should give me the 19 that will be a keeper, for sure.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Go with the M&P 9c or Glock, both will serve you well. If you get the Glock be ready to spend 100.00 to get rid of the plastic sights, 25.00 for a decent slide stop, 25.00 for a 3.5 connector for the trigger.
    Or you could just buy the XD and not have to replace anything; and would still IN MY OPINION have made the better choice. But it's all about what you want and what fits you best, so ultimatley it's your call.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Wouldn't you need to get $100 night sights for an M&P as well?

And why do you need a different slide stop or trigger connector? Nobody at Suarez that I know uses an aftermarket slide stop, because nobody uses the slide stop for anything important. What 'stressful' situation could you find yourself in where you'd need a different slide stop?

And the trigger connector is totally unnecessary unless you absolutely can't hit your first shot. However, I've seen more than one person put a bullet into steel targets with stock trigger Glocks from 100 yards away.
    Double feeds, dont think its necessary for me, but the OP might think so.

You honestly cant go wrong with anyone of those guns. Whatever feels best in your hand is the one I would get.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

I love my m&p 9c, it is a truely amazing weapon. Only those who need the reassurance of a more noticeable reset call the M&P trigger bad. I can ride my reset all day long on my stock M&P trigger no problem. I've shot all 3 and would say M&P or G19, whichever you can shoot better. Find a range that has rentals. The price you pay renting the firearms will be a lot less than the money you will lose by choosing the wrong gun, holster, and accessories.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    I love my m&p 9c, it is a truely amazing weapon. Only those who need the reassurance of a more noticeable reset call the M&P trigger bad. I can ride my reset all day long on my stock M&P trigger no problem. I've shot all 3 and would say M&P or G19, whichever you can shoot better. Find a range that has rentals. The price you pay renting the firearms will be a lot less than the money you will lose by choosing the wrong gun, holster, and accessories.
    I called my local range and they just recently started rentals and they have none of the 3, so the only way I will be able to shoot is after I buy it. :(
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

AZ,

My M&P9c came with trjicon night sights.
    Interesting. Neither my M&P9c nor my M&P40 came with night sights.

As far as needing a connector to hit my first shot is total hogwash. I just think it makes a Glock stock trigger a bit better. When I head back to AZ if I have more time on the next business trip I will pm you. Then I will proceed to hit 100 yard shots with a double action revolver only after crushing that same target with an M&P9 with a stock trigger. That would go down as impossible in your book right? LoL
    I wasn't referring to you specifically. I meant that if someone simply can't hit their first shot, then the lighter connector might be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    Double feeds, dont think its necessary for me, but the OP might think so.

You honestly cant go wrong with anyone of those guns. Whatever feels best in your hand is the one I would get.
    Double feed clearances don't require the use of the slide stop.

This is how you clear a double feed with a Glock:

1) Remove [Rip] the magazine.

2) Reinsert the magazine.

3) Rack the slide.

4) Fire.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I looked at the XD a lot when I was figuring out what I wanted. The only separation for me between the XD and M&P was that the barrel seemed to sit really high on the XD. Not only will this lead to gun wanting to rotate more on recoil, but it just didn't line up the sights right for me. Neither are probably a big issue to most, but they gave the M&P the advantage to me.

Just something to consider.

Interesting. Neither my M&P9c nor my M&P40 came with night sights.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. I meant that if someone simply can't hit their first shot, then the lighter connector might be necessary.

Double feed clearances don't require the use of the slide stop.

This is how you clear a double feed with a Glock:

1) Remove the magazine.

2) Reinsert the magazine.

3) Rack the slide.

4) Fire.

That is incorrect. You can't remove the magazine until you relieve the pressure by locking the slide back. Thought that was common knowledge...guess not. How to clear a double feed - YouTube

This is how you clear a double feed "with a glock"
    1. lock slide back
    2. strip magazine
    3. rack rack rack
    4. reinsert new mag
    5. rack.

[/B]

That is incorrect. You can't remove the magazine until you relieve the pressure by locking the slide back. Thought that was common knowledge...guess not. How to clear a double feed - YouTube
    Err, no, and there's no reason to be a smart ass.

Have snap caps? Try my method. I'd make a video for you, but it's easier if you just do it yourself.

Note: This is the same method you use to clear malfs in an AK.
    Philly Boy likes this.

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Glock 19 all the way!
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Err, no.

Have snap caps? Try my method. I'd make a video for you, but it's easier if you just do it yourself.
    If you happen to be in a stressful situation and encounter a double feed please consider using the method I mentioned. I read that you trained with magpul dynamics...they talk about malfunctions and use the method I previously mentioned. Your way technically works, but under stress your slippery, sweaty hands, wont be able to yank the magazine out due to the pressure, and the protruded round that wanted to enter the chamber inables you from putting the magazine back into the reciever. Just something to think about trying out....to each his own.
    Philly Boy likes this.

If you happen to be in a stressful situation and encounter a double feed please consider using the method I mentioned. I read that you trained with magpul dynamics...they talk about malfunctions and use the method I previously mentioned. Your way technically works, but under stress your slippery, sweaty hands, wont be able to yank the magazine out due to the pressure, and the protruded round that wanted to enter the chamber inables you from putting the magazine back into the reciever. Just something to think about trying out....to each his own.
    Well, you should at least have both sides of this argument before you make a decision:

First, the rear of the grip on a Glock is hollow and is spacious enough to allow you to put your thumb in and yank out the magazine rather easily.

Second, do you truly believe it's going to be easier under stress with "slippery, sweaty hands" and no fine motor control to use the tiny slide release with your thumb to lock the slide back?

Also, if someone is charging at you with a knife, and you have a double feed, are you going to use a method which takes 10 seconds or more to get your weapon working instead of another method which is much simpler and takes only two or three seconds?

And, what are you going to do with the magazine you've pulled from the gun while you rack the slide? Do you hope that with no fine motor control and tunnel vision that you'll be able to easily relocate the magazine and not accidentally drop it while it's under your armpit AND while you are sprinting?

Lastly, have you tried sprinting while doing your technique? I don't know about you, but I'm not going to be standing in the same place trying to fix my weapon, especially if it's going to take 10 or more seconds; I'm going to be running away until my weapon is clear, and I want to do it in as little time as possible.

And yes, Costa and Fisher do use the other method. They also train mostly LE. The class I did with them in November '11 was the Carbine I class, and 75% of the people were LE. When you have cover and backup, their method is fine. When you are on a sidewalk, and some crazy @$$hole is charging at you with a knife, it's not so great.

In fact, if you use their method for double feeds, I'd suggest just switching to a BUG instead of attempting to clear it because it will by much, much faster. This is actually what they teach in their class; if you have a malf with your rifle, switch to your handgun. It's much faster.

EDIT: OP, sorry for the thread hijack!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links